Author Topic: American Birth Record  (Read 2050 times)

Offline mallow

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
American Birth Record
« on: Thursday 12 May 05 21:28 BST (UK) »
Seeking Birth Record of Annie Catherine Williams born Syracuse America 1858 Father George Williams Stafford England a Butcher  :)

Offline nutkin

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • My reason for digging! Two nutkins!
    • View Profile
Re: American Birth Record
« Reply #1 on: Friday 13 May 05 02:00 BST (UK) »
There was not mandatory registeration of birth record a for the CIty of Syracuse, NY until 1873 and in NY not until 1881.

Howver, here is the contact information for SYracuse if you want to try and see what they have.

Office of Vital Statistics, 421 Montgomery Street, 9th Floor Civic Center, Syracuse, New York 13202

Years available for Genealogy:
City of Syracuse/Onondaga County Birth and Death records from 1873 to present;
City of Syracuse Only - Marriage records from 1873 to 1907
Fee for Search Time: $10.00 per hour or fractional part of an hour for each search.
Fee for Uncertified Copy or Abstract: $1.00 per copy.
George William Burke.. my missing link!! son of Wm Burke & Mary Jane Stone/Morris
Shields & Milner- Patrington  & Bilton, Yorkshire<br />Nixon & Bowers - Appleby, Broughton & Messingham, Lincolnshire<br />Hancock &Tyson- Tetford, Skendleby & Spilsby, Lincolnshire<br />Cochrane- Darvel, Loudon, Ayrshire<br />Yuill, Hardie- Paisley, Renfrewshire<br />Kennedy, Gardener & Clelland- Glasgow, Lanarkshire & Paisley, Renfrewshire<br /><br />Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchive

Offline mallow

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: American Birth Record
« Reply #2 on: Friday 13 May 05 13:14 BST (UK) »
Thank you Nutkin if they did not register her birth in America would they have to register her birth in Stafford when they came back, they returned to stafford within the next year or two I think maybe her mother died. ???