Author Topic: SPAIN family Sandwich Kent  (Read 14190 times)

Offline nelwild

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • great grandmother Emma Jane.
    • View Profile
Re: SPAIN family Sandwich Kent
« Reply #9 on: Monday 22 December 08 01:06 GMT (UK) »
roma,i saw your thread whilst searching for other possible immigrant ancesters and wonder if there is a link.i have a jane elizabeth spain who married john holton pain in december q1845 thanet kent.i also have perkins in this part of my tree,gards,nel.

Offline BettyofKent

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Sunday 08 March 09 16:18 GMT (UK) »
I've just started on my SPAIN line, & this thread comes up first on Google :)

I've got as far back as Thomas Spain, born abt 1791 in Canterbury, Kent. He married Mary Ann (IGI says Mary Ann Spain) 1821 in Walmer. All the children were born in Walmer.

As the Spains seem to be in roughly the same part of Kent, I suppose there's a chance we are all related somewhere along the line.

Betty
KENT:
Stutely - Wittersham & Stone
Padgham - Wittersham
Wanstall - Northbourne
Taylor - Ringwould & Ash
Skinner - Deal
Bushell - Walmer
Spain - Walmer
Also
Schloss - Poland, Nottingham, Massachusetts & New Zealand.
Cohen - Birmingham

"Census information is Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov."

Offline tauporainbow

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: SPAIN family Kent
« Reply #11 on: Saturday 18 July 09 03:11 BST (UK) »
Hi all.  Have a small spain problem that needs help. 
I have a Thomas SPAIN who married a 'Maria' and had Susannah SPAIN. Unfortiunately I have been digging about and have now 'clouded the ground' with Maria being either Maria Ann WARREN or Maria SILVER (or both depending if she was twice married!).

Now, Thomas SPAIN (b. c1778, d. 1864, Kent) married Maria (b c1797, Kent).  They had Susannah and other issue but Susannah was born 20 Mar 1838,  in Newington, Kent, (d. 1868, Bridge, Kent).  She married Edward Francis FORDRED in 1st Qtr, 1858 in Elham, Kent.  Susannah was my wife's maternal GGGrandmother.  Lot's of SPAIN's in Kent so need a litle help in identifying my one.  I guess I could seek a Marriage Certificate and wouldn't need any help! However, any help or family contacts much appreciated.
Gordon

Offline nelwild

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • great grandmother Emma Jane.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Saturday 18 July 09 11:59 BST (UK) »
hello,i was wondering if anyone researching spains who went to australia might be intrested in this info.my gggg grandmothers sister sarah amelia spain married george penn in thanet 10/10/1847,the emigrated to australia aboard the sophia,departing plymouth 27/04/1850 to freemantle WA.george fell off a bridge into the swan river whilst returning home from the pub in 1853,and sarah re-married convict john oldfield on 03/01/1854 in middle swan.john was a coal miner/hallier from bedminster who was convicted of stealing sheep in 1851 and was sentenced to seven years transportation.he was first on the stirling castle convict hulk,then sailed from portland roads on the sv marion on 02/11/1851,arrived freemantle on 30/01/1852.george and sarah amelia had children,one daughter elizabeth married robert carter,also the child of a convict from norfolk,they had 8 sons,2 daughters,77 grandchildren,139 great-grandchildren and 8 gg grandchildren.the families eventually became involved in a range of jobs including lead-mining,pubs and farmsteads.i am now in touch with a relative in australia and have quite a bit more info if anyones intrested,all the best,nel.   

Offline tauporainbow

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Saturday 18 July 09 23:04 BST (UK) »
Nel
Hi from Taupo, New Zealand.  Sorry that I can't find any link but my SPAIN's are only through Susannah.  Would like to be able to conect with your wonderful patchwork of Australian history but alas I cannot!
Gordon

Offline sirhc

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Monday 02 November 09 19:44 GMT (UK) »
Hi Gordon
I have just spotted your post.  Thomas Spain married Maria Silver in Northbourne 8 Oct 1829.  I am researching William Spain born 1830 your Susannah's brother.
Thomas was the son of John Spain b1753 and Anne Finnis b1758
I have a bit more info on the Spains if you are interested
Regards
Chris

Offline sirhc

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Thursday 12 November 09 19:16 GMT (UK) »
Hi Gordon
I have just spotted your post.  Thomas Spain married Maria Silver in Northbourne 8 Oct 1829.  I am researching William Spain born 1830 your Susannah's brother.
Thomas was the son of John Spain b1753 and Anne Finnis b1758
I have a bit more info on the Spains if you are interested
Regards
Chris

Offline tauporainbow

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Wednesday 18 November 09 03:02 GMT (UK) »
Chris.  Yes Interested in your offer of more SPAIN info.  Suzanne (my wife of 43 years!) and I visited the Kent region last year on a trip to UK and found a few threads.  Very interested in her Susannah's brother's and siblings meanderings about the tree, e.g. William.  We have just returned fro 5 weks in India on Holiday so need to crank up the genealogy files a bit to beome a bit more active.
regards
Gordon

Offline tauporainbow

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Wednesday 18 November 09 03:05 GMT (UK) »
Chris.  Sorry it might be easier on email - (*).
Gordon

(*) Moderator Comment: e-mail removed in accordance with RootsChat policy,
to avoid spamming and other abuses.
Please use the Personal Message (PM) system for exchanging personal data.

New members must make at least three postings before being allowed to use the PM facility.
See Help-Page:  http://www.rootschat.com/help/pms.php