Author Topic: Mary Ann Goodwin b.1892 Cefn Mawr  (Read 3994 times)

Offline welshconway

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Mary Ann Goodwin b.1892 Cefn Mawr
« Reply #9 on: Friday 27 January 12 23:52 GMT (UK) »
That's great! ;D Just being over cautious in case any doubts come back to haunt me...Thanks a lot, Steve
Conway of Flintshire, Roberts, Lloyd and Goodwin of Cefn Mawr, Forrest of Lancs, Farmer and Ball of Derby.

Offline wrjones

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Saturday 28 January 12 00:24 GMT (UK) »
This looks like your Francis Goodwin's baptism take from the IGI.He was baptised at "Deneio" Caernarvonshire on the 20th of February 1832 to parents Francis and Elizabeth Goodwin.following on from that,this could well be Francis in 1841 living at "Penyddol" Llangollen Denbighshire with parents Francis and Elizabeth,Francis snr given as born in c 1811 and Elizabeth given as born in c 1816.There are two siblings as well Margaret born c 1836 and Elizabeth born c 1839.Only Francis snr is given as born in Denbighshire.Francis snr is given as a Nailor.

Regards
William Russell Jones.
Jones, Griffiths. Stephens, Parry, Gabriel, Conway, Hughes, Evans, Roberts, Lea, Hanmer. Peake, Edwards. Newnes, Davies. Thomas. "Blythin".
All North Wales.
Conway, Durber, Cartlidge, Lovatt, Bebington. Brindley, Sankey, Brunt. Dean. Clewes. Rhodes. Mountford,Walker,Bache, "Gibbons"Hood. Taylor
All Stoke-on-Trent.
Francis - Nantwich Cheshire.
Dennell - Cheshire/Staffordshire.
Talbot-Shropshire
Census Information Is Crown Copyright,from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline wrjones

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Saturday 28 January 12 00:45 GMT (UK) »
Looking again,the other marriage you found in 1858  could yet be significant as it could well have been Francis snr's second marriage.

Regards
William Russell Jones.
Jones, Griffiths. Stephens, Parry, Gabriel, Conway, Hughes, Evans, Roberts, Lea, Hanmer. Peake, Edwards. Newnes, Davies. Thomas. "Blythin".
All North Wales.
Conway, Durber, Cartlidge, Lovatt, Bebington. Brindley, Sankey, Brunt. Dean. Clewes. Rhodes. Mountford,Walker,Bache, "Gibbons"Hood. Taylor
All Stoke-on-Trent.
Francis - Nantwich Cheshire.
Dennell - Cheshire/Staffordshire.
Talbot-Shropshire
Census Information Is Crown Copyright,from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline welshconway

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Saturday 28 January 12 01:10 GMT (UK) »
No! Please don't tell me that my head's swimming! ;D(joke!)......I know Polly's name is Goodwin but I seem to remember her speaking about 'Evans' but I was 8 when she died so it's just a 'feeling'.....so the Goodwin/Evans marriage made me think....that's all...not much to go on.

Found Denio in modern spelling 1 mile from Pwllheli......wow this is really fantastic to get so far back! Thanks a million really, Steve
Conway of Flintshire, Roberts, Lloyd and Goodwin of Cefn Mawr, Forrest of Lancs, Farmer and Ball of Derby.

Offline RhonddaMan

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Saturday 13 May 23 22:46 BST (UK) »
This is my first post to this forum. I am particularly delighted to read your post, as  Francis and Elizabeth Goodwin from Cefn Mawr are in my family tree. How are they related to you? Thank you.