Author Topic: OSULLIVAN FAMILY TREE  (Read 6844 times)

Offline henry2011

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
OSULLIVAN FAMILY TREE
« on: Friday 09 December 11 23:00 GMT (UK) »
I am trying to find out any information on thomas bartholomewO SULLIVAN bd1867 dd 15/07/941 father michael mother ellen  left on vessel named JOHN ELDER arrived in australia 6 may 1885 thankyou his mother was ellen MARKHAM

Offline Sinann

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Sullivan Family tree
« Reply #1 on: Friday 09 December 11 23:30 GMT (UK) »
Any idea what religion he was.
Not getting any results for Thomas Bartholomew but there were at least 3 Thomas Sullivans born in Ireland in 1867 with fathers called Michael  no luck adding Ellen's name but you can only add mothers name on Advanced Search and not all countys are included, on RootsIreland which is free to search but pay to view. I couldn't find him on FamilySearch but other may have more luck.

Offline taramcdsmall

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 10 December 11 19:23 GMT (UK) »
On 8th October 1868 there was a Thomas Sullivan baptised to a Michael Sullivan and Ellen Flynn in Queenstown Cork Ireland -

That's the nearest match that I got checking 1865 to 1869 !!

Tara

Offline shanew147

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Dublin, Ireland
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Saturday 10 December 11 19:59 GMT (UK) »
The [O']Sullivan surname is very common in the south, especially counties Cork and Kerry, so it might be an idea to try to establish further details on Thomas from his records in Australia. e.g. his marriage and death certs ... to see if you can establish the full names of both his parents, and possibly a place of birth, otherwise you could easily end up wasting time following the incorrect Sullivan family

The extracted records online on the FamilySearch website dont include all births between the dates mentioned, so there could be other matches not listed, and the online parish records are not complete..

Shane
Remember to check the Resource boards :  Ireland, Dublin, Antrim & Cork (and stickies at the top of other county sub-forums)    
My Surname Interests

Offline henry2011

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Sunday 11 December 11 03:45 GMT (UK) »
thomas married isabella reid her parents were james read bb1832 dd1904 hanna hardy bd1848 dd1942 greta aust but everything seems to stop with thomas?

Offline henry2011

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Sullivan Family tree
« Reply #5 on: Wednesday 21 December 11 09:13 GMT (UK) »
I am looking for information on Thomas Batholomew SULLIVAN bd 1870 dd 15/07/1941married Isabella Reid his father was michael and mother Ellen have come this far and hit a wall thankyou

Offline shanew147

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Dublin, Ireland
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Wednesday 21 December 11 09:23 GMT (UK) »
have you located any details on where in Ireland your Thomas came from, or Ellen's maiden name ?

As I mentioned before, the surname is very common in the south, so you would need a bit more details to start a trace for the correct birth.

Shane
Remember to check the Resource boards :  Ireland, Dublin, Antrim & Cork (and stickies at the top of other county sub-forums)    
My Surname Interests

Offline henry2011

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Wednesday 21 December 11 09:48 GMT (UK) »
What I do know is he came from limerick and had 3 siblings Ellen 1902 Thomas 1904 George 1906

Offline shanew147

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Dublin, Ireland
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Wednesday 21 December 11 10:09 GMT (UK) »
What I do know is he came from limerick and had 3 siblings Ellen 1902 Thomas 1904 George 1906

are you certain they are siblings of Thomas ?
quite a range of years between the birth of Thomas' and younger brother George.

Were these three siblings born in Limerick ?
If so then presumably parents Michael and Ellen should be listed on the 1901, and possibly 1911, census return. Based on the date of birth for Thomas' they would probably be in their 50s or 60s at least...

Does any of the documentation (certs etc) you have, show an occupation for Michael, or maiden name for Ellen ?

Shane
My Surname Interests