Author Topic: Listroar Parish Register - Niblock  (Read 3146 times)

Offline Janiece

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Listroar Parish Register - Niblock
« on: Friday 13 May 05 07:34 BST (UK) »
I'm looking for the parents of Thomas Niblo/Niblock who was born 11 Feb 1795 in Listroar (Lystor) County Monaghan. I live in California and would appreciate any information on this family. I believe they came to America during the potato famine. Thanks :)

Offline Christopher

• Deceased † Rest In Peace
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • 1939 - 2009
    • View Profile
Re: Listroar Parish Register - Niblock
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 10 January 07 13:07 GMT (UK) »
Hello Janiece,

A belated welcome to RootsChat.

I'd tend to post a message to the County Library in Monaghan and ask if they know of someone who might be interested in Family History who could offer you some assistance as it looks to me as though no RootsChatters live in the county. Explain to them that at this stage you'd prefer not to employ the services of a professional genealogist. If this idea does not work post another message on the board. I don't know how much assistance Libraries in the Republic of Ireland offer when they are approached by people wanting to know about their ancestors. Librarians in Northern Ireland are brilliant.

Best Wishes,

Christopher.

Offline Janiece

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Listroar Parish Register - Niblock
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 23 January 07 18:19 GMT (UK) »
Christopher,

Thanks for your help. I did email the County Library in Monaghan and they responded right back with Niblock census and tithe information. They are sending me copies so that I can study them and try to put the families together.

Thanks again,
Janiece