Author Topic: Ellen O'Neil/Batt/Connolly.  (Read 5706 times)

Offline Johnconone

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Ellen O'Neil/Batt/Connolly.
« Reply #18 on: Friday 03 February 12 17:19 GMT (UK) »
Hi again Loudam, yes I did go to South Parish and they were very helpful, however this was about 15 years ago and I arranged the visit before coming to Cork, an assistant had looked up the info and printed it off for me.   With the excellent help I have had from you and ' Sonas' I am reeling with fresh enthusiasm, Thanks.    John

Offline loudam

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Friday 03 February 12 18:56 GMT (UK) »
That's grand! They open on saturdays from 10:30 to 1 to the public and I have to go there, loads of potential family members that could have been married or baptised there!!

Theres nothing like a fresh wave of interest in the family research!!

I know i've emailed a few of the churches in Cork and they've been helpful if I've given dates and names to them...
O Riordan/Riordan / Dorgan/ Barry (Cork & Rathcooney)
O Sullivan & O Shea/Shea (Cork)
O Connell (Cork)
Walsh (Cork & Killarney)
Baldwin & Stanton, Sullivan, (Cork)
Lonergan (Cork, Tipperary, Limerick)
Deady ( Cork-Kanturk)

Offline loudam

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Tuesday 08 May 12 09:50 BST (UK) »
Hi again! I'm wondering how you've gotten on with your family, I was talking to my aunt at the weekend and she's going to try to trace her own Batt's, I also came across a family tree that looks to be related to yours on Ancestry you may have seen it already though  http://trees.ancestry.co.uk/tree/7944865/family/familyview
O Connell (Cork)
Walsh (Cork & Killarney)
Deady ( Cork-Kanturk)

Offline loudam

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Tuesday 08 May 12 09:52 BST (UK) »
On looking again I see that it is the right family, the O Neil side because the Address is 47 Evergreen street
O Connell (Cork)
Walsh (Cork & Killarney)
Deady ( Cork-Kanturk)

Offline Johnconone

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Tuesday 08 May 12 17:14 BST (UK) »
Hi Loudam,    Nice to hear from you again, firstly the 'Tree' on Ancestry is my brothers so yes they are alike.  I wish your Aunt good luck in her search because as we know its quite a minefield.  My search for the Connollys took me back to 1800 Bantry,  The Michael Batt was my Grandmother Ellen's (Connolly/O'Neill) Grandfather who married Cathrine Desmond in 1849, their daughter Cathrine marrying Michael O'Neill. Interestingly my Grandfather is in the Family grave of Michael Batt in St Josephs as is Ellen.  Two questions I would like help with is.  1) Grandmother died in the 'Union Hospital', is this still in use and do they have Medical records? as on her Grave record it states her cause of death as 'Natural' yet her age of 24 suggests otherwise and 
2) Grandfather died in the 'County Home', what is this? Thanks again for all your help in the past and 'Good Hunting'.    Regards      John.

Offline loudam

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Tuesday 08 May 12 19:04 BST (UK) »
Hi again

From this info here  http://www.corkarchives.ie/genealogy/sourcesinthearchives/ it would seem that the Union Hospital, and County Home are the same place and it would now be St Finbarrs hospital...

Have you tried to get your Grandmothers death cert?? I've gotten some little gems of info from death certs..

My aunt is going to try and see where her batts come from which as you say can be interesting at times!!
O Connell (Cork)
Walsh (Cork & Killarney)
Deady ( Cork-Kanturk)

Offline Tim O’Brien

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Tuesday 09 November 21 22:41 GMT (UK) »
Hi.  I've just come across this thread from 2012.  My grandmother was Kitty O'Neil from 71 Evergreen Street.  Her father was Timothy O'Neil married to Catherine Bath/Batt.  He's buried in St Josephs.  His sister was Ellen.  Would be delighted to catch up to discuss our shared history! 

Offline Tim O’Brien

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Tuesday 09 November 21 22:48 GMT (UK) »
Apologies, Kitty's father was Timothy O'Neil, whose father Michael was married to Catherine Bath/Batt