Author Topic: Richards in Llanerchymedd.  (Read 27196 times)

Offline Viking666

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Richards in Llanerchymedd.
« Reply #27 on: Monday 05 March 12 12:02 GMT (UK) »
Hi Tall-Al,
              The marriage to Ann Pritchard was in 1823. We then have a gap of c 13 years before the first child of Robert Bulkeley is born.
  My sources show that during this period, Ann Pritchard was divorced, The 2nd marriage to Barbara, took place in 1834, and the 1st child being born 2 years later.
   This first child was named, Robert William HUGHES Bulkeley ... I don't think that the addition of Pritchard means that Ann was the mother. The dates speak for themselves.

regards from Peter.
Richards in Anglesey. Liverpool, Cardiganshire.
Richards in Patagonia and Canada. Owens and Williams in Holyhead. Laird family, Birkenhead. Richards-Bridges family, Epsom.

Offline aledfychan

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Wednesday 07 March 12 13:05 GMT (UK) »
i can confirm that it was indeed Barbara Prichard, d of John and Barbara Lewis of the Bull LLanddeusant, also called Hen Siop and ty'n LLan, as i am a descendant of their son William Pritchard b1800...the griffiths pedigrees name them as Richards, but all the family are Prichards/Pritchard...

Offline Viking666

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Wednesday 07 March 12 14:06 GMT (UK) »
Hei Aled Fychan,
                          Thank you for your input ... it's nice to get independent information. It confirms that not all genealogy sites are correct, nor the census, names and dates. My heart missed a beat when I saw, "Hen Siop", as a relative has been at Hen Siop for 200 years .... the one in Llangadwalader. So there we have it, Barbara has been revealed, and, thanks to you, another part of the puzzle solved.
             Hwyl fawr, Peter.
Richards in Patagonia and Canada. Owens and Williams in Holyhead. Laird family, Birkenhead. Richards-Bridges family, Epsom.

Offline aledfychan

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: Wednesday 07 March 12 14:33 GMT (UK) »
Barbara was also from LLanerchymedd, d of William Lewis and Margaret Owen, grand daughter of Barbara Owen nee Jones shopkeeper...

Offline Viking666

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: Wednesday 07 March 12 14:53 GMT (UK) »
Thanks Aled Fychan,
                                          Again I had a relative that had a shop on Market St. Llanerchymedd in the early 1800s. Draper and snuff manufacturer. James Richards ... he married the ex wife of his brother, Elizabeth Owens, (they had the Bull Bay Hotel for many years).
 Do you know of a house called, Hen Ysgol in either Llanfeuthlu or Llanfachraeth. I remember, during the war, visiting my uncle Bob there with my father.
                                       Diolch yn fawr,  Peter.

Offline Viking666

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: Monday 11 June 12 10:48 BST (UK) »
Just an update on my search for the Rev. John Richards.

All indications are that he was born in Llanerchymedd and, to date, I have located a brother and a sister for him, all born there.
James, shopkeeper... there are two ... father and son, James junior (1802), being described as the nephew of the Rev. John.
James senior had 3 sons.
James Junior, Shopkeeper. B1802
John, (Iocyn Ddu), b1795
Edward, B1798 (Had a daughter, Elizabeth, (B1829\30) who is described in the 1861 census as living with James shopkeeper, relationship, "Niece").

An entry in the Druid papers describe either a wedding or funeral at Edgehill, Liverpool where the officiating clergy were Rev. D.James, Eglwys Llangwm ...Rev. Robert Pritchard, Llwydiarth Esgob. Elizabeth Richards, only daughter of the late Mr. Richards, Llanerchymedd; the only sister of the Rev. John Richards, Vicar of that place. The entry is undated but appears to be from the late 1700s.
  Can anyone help with other possible relatives for the Rev. John. I have sparse details of the following three sisters from Llanfairynghornwy.
Ann Richards, B1764
Margaret, B1770
Ellen, B1774.
 Their parents were named as Michael and Elizabeth. (The Rev. John had children named Ann, Margaret, Michael and Elizabeth).

Thanks in anticipation.

Offline Viking666

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: Sunday 02 December 12 14:37 GMT (UK) »
Thanks to a lady in the Welsh Library at Aberystwyth, and my cousin Emyr Richards of Anglesey, we now know that the Rev. John Richards was born in Lledrod, Cardigan, not far from Ystradmeurig. In my direct line to the Rev. there were 48 children, (just 5 generations) and the tracing of those, and their children, could be described as sheer hard labour ... well worth the effort! Thanks to everyone for their input. Mystery solved.

Offline sgbright1965

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: Sunday 16 June 13 11:01 BST (UK) »
i have a great old tree the follows the parry family and then the mother of thomas parry way back.  let me know if interested.  i am an elias descendant that married eliz parry

Offline Viking666

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: Sunday 16 June 13 13:11 BST (UK) »
Thank you for your post.
  My descendancy from the Parry family is through my G4, Ann Parry,(1777). She married the Rev John Richards, (1760). Her line, going back, is , Michael Parry, Richard Parry, Owen Parry to Thomas Parry. (Agent at Bodeon, B1600's). Thomas' line stems from the Parry family of Clynnog, Caernarfon.
 Your Elizabeth is the sister of my Ann. Elizabeth married Lewis Edwards. Their child Perry, married Hugh Elias and they had a child Hugh.
  You and I are directly related. PM me and I will send you my tree.