Author Topic: where is mold. who is eliza.  (Read 2939 times)

Offline nora T

• RootsChat Senior
  • I've not edited my PROFILE yet
    • View Profile
where is mold. who is eliza.
« on: Thursday 24 June 04 15:33 BST (UK) »
on the 1881 census  my g. mother eliza e jones age 19 and un married at the time,was living in audley staffs,with her mother and family. the head of the family was peter mulery his wife elizabeth mulery, and the other younger children were mulery. eliza was down as daughter, but the only one named jones,peter mulery was born co. mayo, his wife and all the children born mold wales. where is mold?, on her marriage cert. eliza , gives as father john jones, not peter mulery ,who sadly , dies in the workhouse at chell staffs,in1890 age 55,and his name was then spelt mulroy. how can i find out who was eliza,s real father, or if she had her mothers maiden name. p.s.on the census eliza had a 3 month old son named william t jones.it is so hard researching ,the jones in wales especialy, eliza , elizabeth, and john.
i am researching the timmis family salop. staffs, and cheshire, also the culverwell family, congleton cheshire,and staffs.also jervis, jarvis, staffs and wales,also reece, staffs and dudley

Offline Little Nell

• Global Moderator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re:where is mold. who is eliza.
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 24 June 04 17:23 BST (UK) »
Hi Nora

Mold is about 7 miles west of Chester.

It looks like Eliza's mother married a second time to Peter Mulery after she had been married to a Jones,who was Eliza's father as per the marriage certificate, hence Eliza's surname as Jones.  Suggest you look for that second marriage, or a birth certificate of one of the younger children.  Details of the mother's name(s) will appear on those and could give you the answer.

Good luck.

Nell
All census information: Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline nora T

• RootsChat Senior
  • I've not edited my PROFILE yet
    • View Profile
Re:where is mold. who is eliza.
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 24 June 04 17:26 BST (UK) »
regards, little nell  nora T
i am researching the timmis family salop. staffs, and cheshire, also the culverwell family, congleton cheshire,and staffs.also jervis, jarvis, staffs and wales,also reece, staffs and dudley