Author Topic: JONES family of Foxhall, near Oswestry, 1841/1851.  (Read 14736 times)

Offline bus4547

• RootsChat Extra
  • Keep Right On
    • View Profile
Re: JONES family of Foxhall, near Oswestry, 1841/1851.
« Reply #9 on: Monday 14 May 12 14:37 BST (UK) »
Add bus4547 post:

We also connect to the Pike name.  One never knows.
Samuel Rawbone b Wellesbourne 1893 with wife Elsie lived Birmingham, poss, Smethwick, before war.
worked on buses and trams.  hve compiled Rawbone tree back to 1650 now into 20th cent.  current relatives?  sam ws my uncle.

2. Family of John Hornsby and Catherine b c1807 m c1830 Leominster/Pembridge/Eardisland. Basket makers. then Birmingham 1900s.

Offline elsie ellen

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Saturday 11 August 12 05:18 BST (UK) »
Hello Nudge!

Perchance do you know the names of the sons of John and Elizabeth JONES who emigrated to Australia?

Having read through all the postings, I believe that there could possibly be a connection to the JONES family from Oswestry that I am trying to research. I have a Rosina ROBERTS marrying an Andrew JONES in 1862 in Oswestry. I am now wondering if two brothers married two sisters .... or maybe even three siblings from both families.

I have found a Mary Shaw ROBERTS marrying a Richard JONES in 1858 and her sister,Caroline ROBERTS, marrying a John JONES in 1850. Both Richard and John were from Ostwerthy. A Richard JONES was a witness to this marriage. John's father is noted as John JONES, farmer. John and Caroline emigrated to South Australia in 1851.

Does any of this information resonate with your research Nudge?

Elsie

Offline VickieOz

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Wednesday 26 September 12 03:22 BST (UK) »
Hi
my 2 x great grandmother was the Margaret from this family..she married In Victoria in 1853
Regards
Vickie

Offline nudge67

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Sunday 12 May 13 03:03 BST (UK) »
Sorry about the late reply elsie.

It does resonate with me, but the more I try to resolve the JONES tree, the more it resembles lantana.

I will try to get back to you.

Nudge
NSW Convict 1836: Peter WIFFIN (alias VIVIAN)
VDL Convict 1841: Richard REES
SA Pioneers (<1847): Hornsby, Wallis, Willoughby, Floate, Mills, Chesson, Degenhardt.
SA Old Colonists (<1857): Messenger, Tyler, McFeat, Ladner, Edwards, Cassidy, Rhodes, Shaw, Waye, Sibly.
SA Colonists (<1901): Jones, Pike, Bowyer, Davey.

Offline elsie ellen

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Sunday 12 May 13 08:40 BST (UK) »
Good to hear from you Nudge.

Together with Vicki, I have done a lot of research on this Jones family since my earlier postings. There is a definite connection.

We are also in contact with another person researching the Edwards / Jones direct line.

When you are able, please contact me in a personal message so that we may pursue this further.

Elsie

Offline vickiehull

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Wednesday 31 August 22 12:38 BST (UK) »
is anyone still around on this thread?