Author Topic: Sgt R.J. Evans   (Read 1838 times)

Offline mckeesie

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Sgt R.J. Evans 
« on: Monday 06 February 12 21:20 GMT (UK) »
Hi, hope this will work: I represent a Dutch heritage foundation (WO2GO) who are trying to retell the story of allied airmen who did on our island during WWII.  We remember them by making information boards on the crash en writing a few books. We already had family and relatives coming to visit us from USA, Canada and the UK to officially unveil these boards.

On Mai 28th 1944 a RAF Lancaster bomber crashed nearby the village where I live. All seven airmen died. On of them was
Sgt R.J.  (Raymond John) Evans 
Son of William Llewellyn Evans and Margaret Hellen Evans, of Wembley, Middlesex.

Is there anyone who can help me find his family?  If so, would you please contact me?

regards,
Kees

Offline jds1949

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Sgt R.J. Evans 
« Reply #1 on: Monday 06 February 12 22:14 GMT (UK) »
The birth of a Raymond J Evans was registered in Willesden [which includes Wembley] in the December quarter of 1920; the mother's maiden name was Lake.
William L Evans' marriage to Margaret H Evans was registered in the September quarter of 1917 - also at Willesden.

Not much - but it's a start,

good hunting

jds1949
Swarbrick - all and any - specially interested in all who served in WW1

Offline dawnsh

• Global Moderator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Monday 06 February 12 23:01 GMT (UK) »
Hi Kees

according to freebmd he had 2 older siblings, Edith and Eric.

They most probably got married and may have had children but their names are too frequently occuring in the indices so identify the correct ones.

Dawn

Please remember that there is a 'no living people' policy on Rootschat.

If you recognise these names, please send a personal message to Kees with any information.
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Sherry-Paddington & Marylebone,
Longhurst-Ealing & Capel, Abinger, Ewhurst & Ockley,
Chandler-Chelsea

Offline jds1949

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday 07 February 12 09:54 GMT (UK) »
Kees,

I take it that you have located his entry on the CWGC website:

http://www.cwgc.org/search-for-war-dead/casualty/2635541/EVANS,%20RAYMOND%20JOHN

jds1949
Swarbrick - all and any - specially interested in all who served in WW1

Offline Treetotal

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Sunday 15 April 12 16:24 BST (UK) »
 I am raising this post in the hope that the good hearted Rootschatters can help Kees and the Wo2go in their search for the relatives of 8 brave airmen who lost their lives when their Lancaster bomber was brought down by enemy fire. The pilot averted further death and injury to civilians on the ground by diverting the stricken plane and landing in a field.

We have found relatives for one of the crew who have visited Holland recently and met with Kees and witnessed the wonderful work that they have done to preserve the memory and resting places of these brave men.

Please give your support if you have the time.

Carol
CAPES Hull. KIRK  Leeds, Hull. JONES  Wales,  Lancashire. CARROLL Ireland, Lancashire, U.S.A. BROUGHTON Leicester, Goole, Hull BORRILL  Lincolnshire, Durham, Hull. GROOM  Wishbech, Hull. ANTHONY St. John's Nfld. BUCKNALL Lincolnshire, Hull. BUTT Harbour Grace, Newfoundland. PARSONS  Western Bay, Newfoundland. MONAGHAN  Ireland, U.S.A. PERRY Cheshire, Liverpool.

RESTORERS:PLEASE DO NOT USE MY RESTORES WITHOUT PRIOR PERMISSION - THANK YOU

Offline mckeesie

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Sunday 15 April 12 20:21 BST (UK) »
Dear people on Rootschat, dear Carol,

Thank you very much on beforehand for trying to help our foundation in our search for relatives of the brave airmen who died on or near our island during WWII.

As a foundation we want to make sure those men are not forgotten nor why they fought and gave their lives. It's very hard for us over here in The Netherlands to find relatives after all these years. All help is welcome, so again thank you very much!

We will keep progress of the results via RootsChat and on our website www.wo2go.nl

Kind regards,
Kees

Offline Mark Farman

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Sunday 26 May 13 21:05 BST (UK) »
Hi Kees,

I live in Rijnsburg, Zuid Holland and Sgt Raymond J Evans is a relation to me.  In fact my father was named Raymond after him.  What can you tell me about him?

Mark Farman

Offline mckeesie

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Monday 27 May 13 20:01 BST (UK) »
Hello Mark,

I can tell you a lot! I have photos etc but for this we'd probably use our email account a I can mail you these using WeTransfer.

Kees

Offline Treetotal

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Monday 27 May 13 21:44 BST (UK) »
Hello Mark...Welcome to Rootschat...what a great result 8)...if you post two more messages you can send Kees a Personal Message and exchange email addresses.

Hi Kees...Hope you are well  :D

Carol
CAPES Hull. KIRK  Leeds, Hull. JONES  Wales,  Lancashire. CARROLL Ireland, Lancashire, U.S.A. BROUGHTON Leicester, Goole, Hull BORRILL  Lincolnshire, Durham, Hull. GROOM  Wishbech, Hull. ANTHONY St. John's Nfld. BUCKNALL Lincolnshire, Hull. BUTT Harbour Grace, Newfoundland. PARSONS  Western Bay, Newfoundland. MONAGHAN  Ireland, U.S.A. PERRY Cheshire, Liverpool.

RESTORERS:PLEASE DO NOT USE MY RESTORES WITHOUT PRIOR PERMISSION - THANK YOU