Author Topic: Egremont Cemetery  (Read 13261 times)

Offline wyanga

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Egremont Cemetery
« Reply #54 on: Wednesday 24 July 13 22:14 BST (UK) »
Hi Sandra,
                 I have that Margaret Cameron died 25th Sept 1817 and is buried at St mary's Egrremont,
I am trying to find the death of her husband Edward.
    Their last child Hannah was baptised 16 jan 1799 so I suspect that Edward has died about 1800.
  Can you tell me where I would find Buriel records for Egremont for that period.
  Wyanga
Ireland: Taylor, Clark, Doyle, Pollock,Boyle
England: Toogood, Long, Ford, Lander, King, Dye,Copeman, Heness, Gardner, Robertson, Cameron, Sherwen, Bell 
Scotland: Campbell, McNaughtan, McKellar

Offline *Sandra*

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Marie Curie
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: Wednesday 24 July 13 22:30 BST (UK) »
Hi Wyanga,

Remember Coulderton (Stephen) checking for Edward Cameron's death record at the local records office in 2012 but he was not listed on any burial index for Egremont.  Reply 12 - this was the previous thread:-

http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php/topic,574583.10.html

Sorry.
Sandra
"We search for information, but the burden of proof is always with the thread owner"

Census information is Crown Copyright  http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

British Census copyright The National Archives; Canadian Census copyright Library and Archives Canada

Offline wyanga

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: Wednesday 24 July 13 23:13 BST (UK) »
Thank you Sandra, I was wondering if it may have been worth checking Bishops transcripts or another source of records such as Carlisle.
   It seems strange that the family was living at Egremont from at least 4th Jan 1784 when the first son Joseph was baptised and that Margaret was still there until her death in 1817, that there is no record for the death of Edward.
 Wyanga
Ireland: Taylor, Clark, Doyle, Pollock,Boyle
England: Toogood, Long, Ford, Lander, King, Dye,Copeman, Heness, Gardner, Robertson, Cameron, Sherwen, Bell 
Scotland: Campbell, McNaughtan, McKellar