Author Topic: Marriage Certificate  (Read 1984 times)

Offline ChrisB96

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Marriage Certificate
« on: Thursday 09 February 12 19:31 GMT (UK) »
Wondering if you can help, I need to obtain a marriage certificate for great grandparents.  I am looking for any information on my great grandfather.  I have found that my great grandfather Corporal Patrick Larner married Bridget Alma Renney, December 1, 1879, Parish of St. Helier Island of Jersey.  I would like to find out if the parents of Patrick are listed.  Any help or ideas.

Chris

Offline la grande-méthe

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Marriage Certificate
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 09 February 12 20:39 GMT (UK) »
Only Patrick's father will be on the marriage certificate and Jersey certificates, which are obtainable from the Superintendent Registrars Office, Royal Square, St Helier, cost £20 each.

Another option is to contact the Jersey Archive and request a photocopy of the entry in the register which I think will cost you about £5.

And Plan C is to wait until next Tues when I am doing a volunteer stint and can look at the entry and send you the details - no charge for looking!

Offline ChrisB96

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Friday 10 February 12 02:23 GMT (UK) »
I'll go with plan C.  Thank you very much, I look forward to reading your reply.

Chris

Offline la grande-méthe

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday 14 February 12 20:02 GMT (UK) »
Here are the details from the marriage certificate

1/12/1879 at St Mary and St Peter's RC Church

Patrick Larner, aged 30, bachelor, occupation Artilleryman, living at Elizabeth Castle, born in Mount Belleur, Galway (probably Mountbellew). Father Timothy Larner - Clerk
to
Bridget Alma Renney, aged 22, spinster, occupation servant, living in St Helier, born in St Brelade, Jersey. Father Michael Renney - Labourer, (although the 1861 has his name as Patrick)

Witnesses John McCullough and Eliza Clark.

If I get time later in the week I'll have a quick look at Bridget's birth certificate and see what name her father gave then.

Offline ChrisB96

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday 14 February 12 21:26 GMT (UK) »
Thank you so much for this info.  I really appreciate it.  Now I will try to find Patrick's mother.

Thanks again,

Chris