Author Topic: Joane CALDECOTE 1448-1470 a miracle worker  (Read 2019 times)

Offline majm

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • NSW 1806 Bowman Flag Ecce signum.
    • View Profile
Joane CALDECOTE 1448-1470 a miracle worker
« on: Friday 10 February 12 09:37 GMT (UK) »
Did you know that according to a submitted public tree on Ancestry that a John Skinner born in 1446 at Peckham, Surrey, England married in 1464 at Surry Hills, New South Wales, Australia and then he died in 1470 in Peckham, Surrey, England.  His bride, Joane Caldecote, was born in 1448 at Reigate, Surrey, England and gave him two children before she died in England at age 22.   This couple’s children were John, born 1449 in Peckham, Surrey, England (he died 8 March 1516 at Reigate, Surrey, England) and Anne who was born in 1475 at Reigate, Surrey, England.

Now, apart from the obvious historical “fact” that there was not yet a place named Surry Hills, New South Wales, Australia in 1464 (Columbus had not yet reached the Americas) I think that this Joane was a miracle worker, giving birth to a son when she was still an infant herself, and then giving birth to a daughter some five years after her own demise. 

Can anyone find any other public tree with such outlandishly foolishly WRONG submissions on it?

Cheers,  JM
The information in my posts is provided for academic and non-commercial research purposes. 
Random Acts of Kindness Given Freely are never Worthless for they are Priceless.
Qui scit et non docet.    Qui docet et non vivit.    Qui nescit et non interrogat.   
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
I do not have a face book or a twitter account.

Offline Rishile

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Joane CALDECOTE 1448-1470 a miracle worker
« Reply #1 on: Friday 10 February 12 10:44 GMT (UK) »
I was directed to a tree on Ancestry by someone on RC. 

This man had 19 children with his wife, 4 children with another (unnamed) spouse, they travelled four times from Philadephia (USA) to Yorkshire (UK). 

One of his daughters married three times - twice to women  :o - and had 12 children by these women plus 10 children by her third marriage (a man this time).  Her last child was born when she was 58 years old.

You couldn't make it up, could you  ???

Rishile
Stoneham - Kent / Essex / Herts / Bucks / Devon
Pike - Kent
Pay - Kent
Swan/Swaine - Herts / London
Bissenden - Kent
Chappell - Herts
Hammond - Essex

Offline majm

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Friday 10 February 12 10:55 GMT (UK) »
 ;D  ;D  ;D

Well I certainly couldn't make that up  :P  ....

Had Columbus already sailed to the Americas when that man and his family/ies were travelling across the Atlantic ...  :-X
The information in my posts is provided for academic and non-commercial research purposes. 
Random Acts of Kindness Given Freely are never Worthless for they are Priceless.
Qui scit et non docet.    Qui docet et non vivit.    Qui nescit et non interrogat.   

Offline Rishile

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Friday 10 February 12 10:57 GMT (UK) »
This was the 19th century so I don't think that was a problem - just very unlikely.  However did they find the time to have so many children?

Rishile
Pike - Kent
Pay - Kent
Bissenden - Kent
Chappell - Herts
Hammond - Essex

Offline majm

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Friday 10 February 12 11:03 GMT (UK) »
I want to know how his daughter that married twice to women had those 12 children  ;D ... And, how can any software program allow these types of submissions anyways .... surely software programs can determine that some things are simply NOT POSSIBLE to be valid entries?

Offline Rishile

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Friday 10 February 12 11:13 GMT (UK) »
And there's more...

The 'man' of the third marriage was only six years old when he married for the SECOND time.  His first child was born when he was also six years old and his first wife had a child by him thirty years later.

I give up  ::) ::) ::)

Rishile
Pike - Kent
Pay - Kent
Bissenden - Kent
Chappell - Herts
Hammond - Essex

Offline majm

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Friday 10 February 12 11:28 GMT (UK) »
I still think Joane is a better miracle worker than the family you found !  ....  :P

Offline Podenco

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Friday 10 February 12 12:45 GMT (UK) »
I want to know how his daughter that married twice to women had those 12 children  ;D ... And, how can any software program allow these types of submissions anyways .... surely software programs can determine that some things are simply NOT POSSIBLE to be valid entries?

I would have thought soft ware would prevent it, sometimes when i`m been a bit of a dope ( well OK that's often :-[) I put is 19 something to 18 something for search dates it automatically tells me not possible. Although what I know about software is only slightly less than what I know about my maternal ancestors!!
My suggestions for how these miracles occurs is simple they are them aliens we were on about on  the spaceship thread ;D

Offline jellybeans

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Saturday 18 February 12 00:42 GMT (UK) »
This one I found produced a daughter(Margaret b 1750) in Ayrshire Scotland 61 years before he was born! Mathew Dickie b 1811 Ayrshire Scotland.
Lancashire, England: Barlow, Butterworth, Clegg,  Lord, Howarth, Morris, Peak, Pickup, Walker, Wilkinson.
Ayrshire Scotland: Dyet, Irvine.
Cornwall England: Cock.
Wexford Ireland:  Murphy.