Author Topic: Billanne - Thomas or Jeremiah  (Read 6270 times)

Offline Pinkpigs

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Billanne - Thomas or Jeremiah
« on: Monday 04 July 11 00:09 BST (UK) »
Hi,

I am looking for my ancestors Thomas Billanne whos parents were Jeremiah Billanne and Mary (Nee Quinless). Thomas was born around 1829 in Birr I think, but not sure
Thomas went to Australia in the 1840s but I cannot confirm if it was as a convict or on a passenger ship as I have heard two stories relating to this.

Can anyone help me in finding Thomas' birth certificate or any info on Jeremiah or Mary.

I believe they were Roman Catholic - the decendants in Australia were.
Thank you.
Billan, Billane, Murphy, Stringer, Scott, Cole, Savill, Colclough, Haywood, Jensen, Spriggs, Blundell, Burrell, Briese, Mc Kay, Mac Kay

Offline Pastmagic

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Levington House, Mullingar
    • View Profile
Re: Billanne - Thomas or Jeremiah
« Reply #1 on: Monday 04 July 11 00:36 BST (UK) »

Offline Pinkpigs

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
BILLANE - Thomas/Jeremiah/Mary (nee QUINLESS)
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 16 February 12 03:37 GMT (UK) »
Trying to trace my ancestor Thomas Billane. He came to Australia and married there, but the only Thomas Billane I can find is convict records but they are aged 10 years older than my Thomas.
My thomas was born in Birr in 1829. His mothers name was Mary (nee Quinless) and his fathers name was Jeremiah.
I cannot find any information on him or his parents - its as if they never existed???
Can anyone out there help me with my search? I am almost at my wits end because all I can find is his marriage and death certificates in Australia, nothing else.
PLEASE PLEASE HELP  ME!

Belinda
Billan, Billane, Murphy, Stringer, Scott, Cole, Savill, Colclough, Haywood, Jensen, Spriggs, Blundell, Burrell, Briese, Mc Kay, Mac Kay

Offline shanew147

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Dublin, Ireland
    • View Profile
Re: BILLANE - Thomas/Jeremiah/Mary (nee QUINLESS)
« Reply #3 on: Thursday 16 February 12 08:02 GMT (UK) »
Thomas's birth is well before the start of Full Civil records in Ireland (1864), so you would need to check what church records might be  available. Do you know what denomination your Billane family were ?

see : Introduction to Irish Records
        My Ancestor came from Ireland - where do I start?   

There are a few Billane baptisms around the right tme listed on the free index on RootsIreland (pay-website), but no sign of a Thomas.

Shane

Updated : RC records for Birr only go back to 1838...

I believe they were Roman Catholic - the decendants in Australia were.
Remember to check the Resource boards :  Ireland, Dublin, Antrim & Cork (and stickies at the top of other county sub-forums)    
My Surname Interests