Author Topic: Laois Grave Yards  (Read 11241 times)

Offline feno

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Laois Grave Yards
« Reply #27 on: Thursday 22 December 22 19:12 GMT (UK) »
HI,The information i have is not research i carried out myself,i am sure the info, on Murtha is accurate,but after reading your recent reply i am not so sure of the 1st marriage,re Mary anne Bergin.in1821.family born to Murtha and Mary anne Bergin.Benjamin,5/1822. Matthew,27/8/1824.Mary,3/1/1827.Martin,25/10/1829.John,24/10/1832.   this is where the problem occurs,Bridget,18/10/1836.born in Ballacolla.Matthew,24/2/1839,born ahaboe.Murtha[2] b.14/6/1844.we have two Matthews and really two Martins,as you know murtha is the irish for Martin
 was born in Kyle, Lets see what happens next.regards, Feno.

Offline feno

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Thursday 22 December 22 19:29 GMT (UK) »
Hello again,just to add i never heard of Fennellys in Ballinakill,i never heard of relations in that area,i had an uncle Paddy who lived 1 mile from barnakill [in Ralish]he used to drink the odd pint there and i am sure the craic would have been great if he had cousins there.           

Offline Kiltaglassan

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Seven Sisters mountain range in Co Donegal
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Thursday 22 December 22 20:37 GMT (UK) »

Hello again,just to add i never heard of Fennellys in Ballinakill,i never heard of relations in that area,i had an uncle Paddy who lived 1 mile from barnakill [in Ralish]he used to drink the odd pint there and i am sure the craic would have been great if he had cousins there.         

??? ???

Do you mean Ballinakill?
The townland of Ralish is approximately 3km north of the village of Ballinakill.

https://www.townlands.ie/laois/cullenagh/dysartgallen/abbeyleix/ralish/
https://www.openstreetmap.org/relation/4581738#map=13/52.8904/-7.3119

Researching: Cuthbertson – Co. Derry, Scotland & Australia; Hunter – Co. Derry; Jackson – Co. Derry, Scotland & Canada; Scott – Co. Derry; Neilly – Co. Antrim & USA; McCurdy – Co. Antrim; Nixon – Co. Cavan, Co. Donegal, Canada & USA; Ryan & Noble – Co. Sligo

Offline feno

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: Friday 23 December 22 11:06 GMT (UK) »
Yes, home turf you might say.

Offline feno

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: Tuesday 27 December 22 16:28 GMT (UK) »

Is this the death of your grandmother in Rathmoyle townland, Abbeyleix  ???

26 May 1953.  Informant indicated as her daughter Kathleen Scully.

https://civilrecords.irishgenealogy.ie/churchrecords/images/deaths_returns/deaths_1953/04467/4170973.pdf

grandad died in1918 [spanish flu] his mother also.grannie Kate died in 1954.

Other deaths 1918-

Thomas aged 33 yrs
https://civilrecords.irishgenealogy.ie/churchrecords/images/deaths_returns/deaths_1918/05169/4426240.pdf

Eliza aged 71 yrs
https://civilrecords.irishgenealogy.ie/churchrecords/images/deaths_returns/deaths_1918/05169/4426238.pdf
   Yes, Grandfather and G.grandmother.

Offline Dnafinder

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: Wednesday 28 December 22 14:42 GMT (UK) »
Sorry for my late reply, yes those are my Grandad Edward (Neds) parents and his siblings. I wasn’t aware of the ones who had died until I researched, including two Patrick’s , and Julia who it turned out ended up being referred to as Sheila . Thank you so much for searching for me though x

Offline Dnafinder

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: Wednesday 28 December 22 15:09 GMT (UK) »
So …. I’ve seen a few people posting that Murtha 1 married twice but the people I contacted didn’t reply. I’ve got him bapatised as Murty and can find marriage records for him marrying Mary Ann Bergin in Clough , Ballacolla on Dec 1st 1820.  I don’t have a death record for her though so can’t fit the dates to see if she dies before Murtha could re marry Mary Leonard.
When I was trying to find a second marriage record however I could only find a record of a Mary Leonard marrying I think a Michael Fennelly , which seems a little strange.
My GGrandad Michael ( Murty &Marys son) married Ellen Brennan who was from Ballinakill , they ended up living in  Drimaterril in a house opposite Ballinakill GAA. Their son Edward my Grandad after marrying my Grandma Mary Dunne from Monesterverin lived in a house on the Square but moved to England about 1950.
My grandads brother and sister Jack (John) and Madge ( Margaret) both continued to live in the Drimaterril house until they died mid 1980s .
Karen.

Offline feno

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: Wednesday 28 December 22 15:30 GMT (UK) »
Just a few miles from ballinakill,Moneenroe ,ls where my paternal Gran.was born, Kate Brennan,who married Thomas,G.f. feno

Offline Dnafinder

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: Wednesday 28 December 22 15:45 GMT (UK) »
I’ve seen lovely pictures of her in peoples trees and Thomas, and wondered if the Brennans were also related …ha!!! I think my GGrandma Ellen Brennans parents lived on Church St Ballinakill .
They both started to appear very familiar though I have to say 😆.