Author Topic: Where is Elizabeth Fisher in 1871?  (Read 722 times)

Offline alllegs

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Where is Elizabeth Fisher in 1871?
« on: Saturday 14 May 05 18:55 BST (UK) »
Hi everyone...

I can't find Elizabeth Fisher, I have her with her husband and children in the 1861 census and she died in 1873 but I can't find her in the 1871 census.... Her husband Richard Fisher is aboard the 'Rescue of Yarmouth' in 1871 and I believe all the children were married and living away by 1871 also.

This is her an family in 1861...

Charlotte Fisher 1853  Great Yarmouth, Norfolk, England Daughter  Great Yarmouth St Nicholas  Norfolk   
 Elizabeth Fisher 1830  Great Yarmouth, Norfolk, England Wife  Great Yarmouth St Nicholas  Norfolk   
 Elizabeth Fisher 1846  Great Yarmouth, Norfolk, England Daughter  Great Yarmouth St Nicholas  Norfolk   
 Frances Fisher 1850  Great Yarmouth, Norfolk, England Daughter  Great Yarmouth St Nicholas  Norfolk   
 John Fisher 1858  Tunstead, Norfolk, England Son  Great Yarmouth St Nicholas  Norfolk   
 Maryann Fisher 1848  Great Yarmouth, Norfolk, England Daughter  Great Yarmouth St Nicholas  Norfolk   
 Richard Fisher 1826  Tunstead, Norfolk, England Head  Great Yarmouth St Nicholas  Norfolk 

I am also having problems locating Elizabeth prior to the 1861 as well.  I can't find her parents......she seems to have married at 15 years old and had her first child at 16, so I assume her parents had to be around to allow the marriage to take place.  I know the obvious way to find this out would be to purchase Elizabeth and Richard's marriage certificate but I'm a student and have to wait until the summer when I'm can earn some money! I'm just too impatient!

Does anyone have any suggestions where I can find Elizabeth's parents without buying the marriage certificate first?

Thank you all in anticipation......any help with either her parentage or where she was in 1871 would be greatly appreciated

Thanks again
Love
Legs
xxxx 
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
DUR-Bainbridge,Hodgson,Richardson,Walker,Thompson,Armory,Wynn,Humble,Dunn,Chapman,Herin
YKS-Bradley,Hellawell,Dransfield,Sanderson,Gledhill,Mallinson,Tyas,Thornton,Nobel,Brook,Senior,Bower,Kay,Hirst,Smith,Lockwood, Clayton,Rollinson,Swallow
NTHNTS-Hubbard,Line,Goate,Tyler,Weed,Warren,Brown,Hollowell,Bird,Kirby,Dolby,Gilbert,Wootton
NFK-Burton,Myhill,Fisher,Thompson
LNRK-Neilson,Dudson,Forrest,McNight,Paterson
WL-Williams

Offline Valda

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Where is Elizabeth Fisher in 1871?
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 14 May 05 19:12 BST (UK) »
1871 census RG10 1786 folio 120 Deene side Yarmouth
Elizth Fisher Lodger married 42 Charwoman Yarmouth Norfolk

Regards
Valda
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline alllegs

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Where is Elizabeth Fisher in 1871?
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 14 May 05 19:22 BST (UK) »
Valda to my resuce again....!

Thank you once again Valda, I don't know what I'd do without you!!

Thank you
Love
Legs
xxxx
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
DUR-Bainbridge,Hodgson,Richardson,Walker,Thompson,Armory,Wynn,Humble,Dunn,Chapman,Herin
YKS-Bradley,Hellawell,Dransfield,Sanderson,Gledhill,Mallinson,Tyas,Thornton,Nobel,Brook,Senior,Bower,Kay,Hirst,Smith,Lockwood, Clayton,Rollinson,Swallow
NTHNTS-Hubbard,Line,Goate,Tyler,Weed,Warren,Brown,Hollowell,Bird,Kirby,Dolby,Gilbert,Wootton
NFK-Burton,Myhill,Fisher,Thompson
LNRK-Neilson,Dudson,Forrest,McNight,Paterson
WL-Williams