Author Topic: Postmark place on postcard and approx date  (Read 2027 times)

Offline PrueM

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Please don't try to PM me :)
    • View Profile
Re: Postmark place on postcard and approx date
« Reply #9 on: Sunday 19 February 12 01:19 GMT (UK) »
Hi Dawn :)

It's a Daisy you should probably be looking for, as the card was sent to her.  Hilda may have just been a friend, or more distant family.
Whether the paper was available in the UK or not, I can't say.

Cheers
Prue

Offline DMR

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Postmark place on postcard and approx date
« Reply #10 on: Sunday 19 February 12 03:17 GMT (UK) »
Hi all,

The Daisy referred to is my grandmother. This postcard photo was amongst a box of old photos and clippings of hers.

I am trying not to jump to conclusions. My first thought has been that the girl in the photo is her first cousin. He mum's brother married in Cornwall and had a daughter Hilda. The family then moved to Arizona.

But of course she could be a friend or a friend's daughter. No other family members are named Hilda.

I had hoped that the card was definitely American then I would know for sure I was on a sure thing. I do however have an ace up my sleeve in that I have just found the possible Hilda in Arizona's daughter.

I feel happy enough to send her a copy of the photo and ask her about Daisy.
Please keep your fingers crossed for me.

Thanks once again for you invaluable help

Dawn

LINCOLNSHIRE= Crow / Crowe, Thompson, Everatt, Greenwood, Westfield, Lamminam / Lamiman (various spellings), Pattinson; CAMBRIDGESHIRE & NORFOLK= Bishop, Dewey, Gotobed, Powell, Carter, Spencer; CORNWALL = Chesterfield, Clemes, Williams, Trythall, Grillett; IRELAND, KILKENNY= Byrne, KILDARE = Glasgow, WICKLOW = Kinsella