Author Topic: birth of john henry gill  (Read 9480 times)

Offline bozzwell

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: birth of john henry gill
« Reply #9 on: Thursday 23 February 12 05:35 GMT (UK) »
Thank you to both Mr Garrad and Frances for all your help. I appreciate it very much. Sorry I didn't get back to you sooner but have had no internet for a couple of days.Please can you tell me where I can get information on the children of John Henry Gill (b. 1888) and Agnes Holmes (b.1886)
Thank you.

Offline Frances_mnb

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Thursday 23 February 12 21:54 GMT (UK) »
20th C births - basically pay for certs from General registry (lookup at www.gov.im)
any thing with a Manx Connection

Offline bozzwell

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
children of john henry gill
« Reply #11 on: Sunday 25 March 12 11:42 BST (UK) »
I've had such a lot of help from K Garrad ans Frances who have given me the names and DOB of the children of John Henry Gill and Agnes Holmes. All except one son who I know existed. His name was William John Gill  (known as Jack) and was born in Douglas IOM 1920. He was my son-in-laws Dad.
I'm wondering if I'm on the right trail as my son--in-law remembers his Dad mentioning three of his siblings who were Gertrude, Roy and William Henry( who apparently died in the war.)
I'm not sure what to do now as I have searched abd searched and come up with what I've already been given.

Offline Frances_mnb

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Sunday 25 March 12 11:50 BST (UK) »
20th C records post 1911 are difficult to research due to data protection/privacy laws - you could try getting access to the British Library scanned IoM Times (used to be available via larger libraries in UK tho I understand the mechanism has recently changed) as carried probably the most BMD announcements  - otherwise buy a cert for the one you know and check that the parents are who you think
any thing with a Manx Connection

Offline bozzwell

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Sunday 25 March 12 13:24 BST (UK) »
Thank you Frances for your help and advice. I will do as you suggest.
Thanks again.