Author Topic: Cole family  (Read 638 times)

Offline chris63

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Cole family
« on: Monday 20 February 12 12:27 GMT (UK) »
I am trying to trace the parents of Charles Cole born around 1810 in Lincoln. I have found a baptism record for a Charles Cole for 6/6/1809 at St. Swithin's, Lincoln. Which gives his parents as Joseph Cole and Anne Turner. I can find no records of either their marriage or births. I think they may have had two other children Joseph born 1807 and Elizabeth 1805.
Charles went on to marry Elizabeth Heard in 1830 and lived in Boston, though I can not find him on the 1841 cenus (Elizabeth does)
Any help with were he was in 1841 or where his parents came from would be great.

Chris

Offline Geoff-E

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Cole family
« Reply #1 on: Monday 20 February 12 13:47 GMT (UK) »
I imagine this was the marriage of which you speak.  https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.1.1/NF7H-WYD

It appears like that in my index too, but I haven't seen the register so can't offer an alternative surname.  :-\

A Joseph COLE (wid) married at St Swithin's 7 March 1824 to Mary MADISON.

A Joseph COLE was buried at St Swithin's 26 Jan 1830 aged 57 suggesting a birth c1772.

Today I broke my personal record for most consecutive days alive.

Offline chris63

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 21 February 12 11:19 GMT (UK) »
Thanks. I to found the marriage but discounted it as it was different surname to the baptism records, though I suppose one could have been transcribed incorrectly. The death of Joseph Cole in 1830 fits with the fact that he does not appear in the 1841 census.
Chris

Offline DeeGemini2023

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday 12 April 23 18:46 BST (UK) »
Hi. I'm a descendant of Joseph Cole and Anne Turner. Anne's name is given as Conor on their marriage record. Joseph has been my brick wall for more than 30 years. Happy to share info I have. Dee

Offline BillyF

• RootsChat Veteran
  • My lovely Mum about 1940
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday 12 April 23 18:58 BST (UK) »
Welcome to Rootschat!

Chris63 hasn`t been active on here for a number of years, but it`s just possible they might see your psot.

Offline DeeGemini2023

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Wednesday 12 April 23 19:06 BST (UK) »
Thank you. I have been away for a while too but picking up again and still trying to break through this brick wall.  🤦‍♀️