Author Topic: LINK: Merionethshire Lookup Exchange  (Read 4016 times)

Offline EJ

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
LINK: Merionethshire Lookup Exchange
« on: Thursday 24 June 04 23:18 BST (UK) »
In case you didn't know and are looking for the current link for the Merionethshire Lookup Exchange, the Firefly ISP has changed the names of all of its user sites. The
Lookup-exchange can now be found on

http://yfelin.fireflyinternet.co.uk
EDWARDS - Llanaber
EVANS - Harlech
HUMPHREY/MORRIS - Llanbedr
LLOYD - Llanaber/Llanbedr/Llanfair
RICHARDS - Dolgelly/Llanaber
VINCENT/ROBERTS - Llanaber
WILLIAMS - Barmouth/Llanaber/Bontddu/Llanddwywe

GRIFFITH - Dolbenmaen
OWEN - Ynyscynhaiarn
PRITCHARD - Ynyscynhaiarn

Offline iolanthe

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Edwards, Llanaber
« Reply #1 on: Friday 20 March 09 15:00 GMT (UK) »
Hi
I've noticed that you have Llanaber  -  Edwards among your family interests.

My GGG Grandfather, Rees Edwards was from Llanaber, and married Ann Jones there in 1800.  They had several children and lived in Cae-Mab-Seifion until they moved to Llandderfel about 1825ish.

Do you think there may be connection?

Many thanks
Aberystwyth: Jenkins, Jones, Davies
Merionethshire: Edwards, Roberts, Williams, Davies, Rowland, John
Monmouthshire: Jenkins, Lewis, Evans, Jones, Rees
Glamorgan: Roberts, Lewis
Breconshire: Jenkins, Jones

Offline Humphpaul

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Re: LINK: Merionethshire Lookup Exchange
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 16 May 09 11:44 BST (UK) »
Dear EJ, thanks for the info re above. I have clicked and double-clicked on the name Alwyn ap Huw but got no result nor with the other names. Can you tell me what I am doing wrong please. My query was about the book with 300 names of Barmouth seamen. Thanks, Alan Williams Gwynedd FHS no. 3610.
Paul, Humphrey, Vaughan, Lewis, Williams, Parry, Jones, Fairclough, Howard, Allan, Baylis, Wright, Ritson.
Barmouth, Llangellinin, Liverpool, Maryport Cumberland, Port Glasgow, Nercwys (Nerquis), Mold, Gwysaney, Hope, Doddleston, Higher Kinnerton.

Offline Humphpaul

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Re: LINK: Merionethshire Lookup Exchange
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday 01 September 09 18:06 BST (UK) »
Further to my bit about lookups. I have now found the book in Dolgellau library and borrowed a copy via Conwy Library. Also in Caernarfon R.O. on the shelves- reference only - is a book
"Wherever Freights May Offer, Maritime Community of Abermaw/Barmouth 1565 - 1973 by Lewis Lloyd. ISBN 1 874 786 14 3 which has masses if info about 200 odd mariners of Barmouth. A gold mine to me as it covers my two William Humphreys plus the Lewis Lewis family who are also family.
No mention of my John Vaughan, boatman but it does say that the term "boatman" could apply to some sort of customs man.. Thanks again for the help. Alan
Paul, Humphrey, Vaughan, Lewis, Williams, Parry, Jones, Fairclough, Howard, Allan, Baylis, Wright, Ritson.
Barmouth, Llangellinin, Liverpool, Maryport Cumberland, Port Glasgow, Nercwys (Nerquis), Mold, Gwysaney, Hope, Doddleston, Higher Kinnerton.