Author Topic: William berners Lizzi berners (brewer) battersea  (Read 11631 times)

Offline sallyc-b

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: William berners Lizzi berners (brewer) battersea
« Reply #108 on: Wednesday 19 January 22 16:36 GMT (UK) »
Hi Tim

I received an email from Roots Chat yesterday showing you had replied to our family enquiries. I was so excited to find a direct line from Francis Berners  after searching for so long, that I just had to message everyone. Not quite sunk in yet because after decades of research, in the end you found us! To be honest I had a look on Facebook and found one Tim Ault who looks so much like my uncle when he was younger, that I did wonder if it was you. Anyway, it's lovely to hear from a 3rd cousin because I don't think any of us thought it would ever happen. Just to put you in the picture, Gail and Linda are my cousins. Please keep in touch! Sally

Offline sallyc-b

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: Wednesday 19 January 22 16:38 GMT (UK) »
Amended post

Offline timault

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: Wednesday 28 December 22 12:48 GMT (UK) »
Just wondering ... Has anyone from the Berners family done their DNA?  Mine is on Ancestry.  No one called Berners has popped up as a match for me so far (apart from Gail and Sally above) :-)  Tim

Offline sallyc-b

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: Wednesday 28 December 22 13:03 GMT (UK) »
Tim

I think sometimes you can do all the hard work and come across success by accident. Think of Berners as a plural. I am sure you will also have Germanic Europe on your DNA map too?…There lies a new avenue. Someone once asked me if I was a ‘Swiss Miss’, I now think many a true word spoken in jest. Haha!

Perhaps you might like to share your findings?

Offline timault

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: Wednesday 28 December 22 21:48 GMT (UK) »
Afternoon all....found some more info on the schools list.  There were Violet, Jennie, Dennis Berners and Gladys Berners were at School in Grayshott Road. Father down as Francis, living at 56 Eland Road. School was Gideon Road School/Grayshott Road. In 1905, Violet is still at the same school and address, but Francis is now down as Frank.  So they were still all living close to each other.

Well Done Gail for spotting Dennis starting school.  So Vi had twin siblings ....  Jennie and Dennis.  So far as I can see they reported Dennis's birth, but not Jennie's.