Author Topic: Burial place  (Read 3373 times)

Offline Auchencrieff

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.natio
    • View Profile
Burial place
« on: Friday 24 February 12 16:21 GMT (UK) »
I'm wondering if there is likely to be a burial place for Margaret Boyle who was married to Terence Shields and died in Russels ........., Bathgate on 6 Nov 1864.
Any help would be appreciated. I am unable to find a death for Terence but know that he was deceased before June 1863 when his son married.
MARSHALL family in Ayrshire, Wigtownshire, Kirkcudbrightshire, Yorkshire, Canada
McHARG in Wigtownshire, Glasgow.
MYLES in Lanarkshire, Ireland, Canada.
HUGHES in Lanarkshire, Ireland, Canada, USA
SHIELDS in Lanarkshire, Ireland, Canada, USA

Offline mr-aitch

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Burial place
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 03 March 12 22:30 GMT (UK) »
Hello, Auchencrieff - what a coincidence!  I'm not connected to the Shileds but I am in the process of helping a friend in that research!  I live in Bathgate.

Margaret Boyle  died, as you know, in Russell's Row, Bathgate, on 6Nov1864. She was the widow of Terence Shields, a coal miner.  Her death was reported was reported by her son, Peter, who married Catherine Brogan in 1863 in Bathgate.

Margaret was interred - interment no. 733 - in common ground in the Bathgate Paulville Cemetery  - Lair no. N37 - on 8Nov1864. She was aged 67 years and described in the Burial Register as "wife of the late Tery Shields, miner, Airdrie".

The person I'm helping is also Peter Shields who is descended from John, Peter Shields and Catherine Brogan's first son - born in Bathgate in 1864.

I see you're in Canada - do you know Cathie Grant?

Tom

Offline Auchencrieff

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Monday 05 March 12 13:44 GMT (UK) »
Hi Tom
I love coincidences. Thank you so much for the iformation.
I wonder if you have any more on Terry Shields as I have been unable to find his death. I found him on the 1851 census in Fife however he is deceased in 1863 when Peter and Catherine married. These mysteries keep appearing. Thanks
MARSHALL family in Ayrshire, Wigtownshire, Kirkcudbrightshire, Yorkshire, Canada

Offline McGrogan

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Friday 16 November 12 18:31 GMT (UK) »
Terrance Shields 60, wife Margaret 56 and children John 28, Thomas 26, Jame 23, Peter19, Jane 15, Robert13, Daniel 11 are in 1851 census of Newton, Boness, West Lothian.  Any connection to your Shields?

Tim

Offline Auchencrieff

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Saturday 17 November 12 07:58 GMT (UK) »
Hi Tim
Thank you for correctly identifying the correct family. I wonder if you knew where they might be buried. I've not done much research on my tree recently but dark nights can be a big incentive to find out more especially with the continued support of roots chat members.

Offline McGrogan

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Monday 19 November 12 18:43 GMT (UK) »
Don't know much about other Shields.  My William and Margaret McGrogan family is on 1841 census Clarkston, Aidrie, Lanark and 1851 census Carnock, Fife.  Daughter, Catherine, married James Shields 1849 Old Monkland, Lanark.  Daugher Rose married Bernard Swift 1851 Carock Fife.  Both daughters in West Lothian for 1851 census.  John McGrogan marries Joann Chrystal in Whitburn in 1854.  Entire family except Bernard & Rose come to America in May 1855 settling near my home in Pittsburgh, Pa.