Author Topic: Robert Spink (Spynk) and other Spink in Kent  (Read 2130 times)

Offline Redfeennix

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Robert Spink (Spynk) and other Spink in Kent
« on: Saturday 25 February 12 03:06 GMT (UK) »
Hello,
   My name is Charles Spinks and I am trying, and have been for a number of years, to learn of the ancestors of Robert Spink (Spynk, or maybe Spinke) that sailed to the US aboard the "Speedwell" circa 1634/1635. Most believe that he landed in Rhode Island in the US, but some sources refer to him as having landed in Virgina, US first, and then made his way north to Rhode Island.
   The information I have is that he was born in 1615, quite possibly in Gravesend, Kent, England. He married a Lady named Alice Hewes (possibly Howes). They had 10 children, all born in the United States. If I could learn whom his parents were then that would be absolutely great. Most folks believe that Robert was the son of John Spink and Margaret(?). I just simply do not know where to look first, so any positive info, however small, may prove vital.
   I have quite a comprehensive data base and Family Tree. I am certainly willing to share what I have gathered from Robert and Alice forward if anyone is interested.
   I thank you for reading this and hope to hear from some folks.
Charles Spinks

Offline christopherchi

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Robert Spink (Spynk) and other Spink in Kent
« Reply #1 on: Monday 25 November 19 01:18 GMT (UK) »
Hello, Charles -- I'm a descendant of Robert Spink, Senr., via son Nicholas, and am presently working to improve the profile of his wife, Alice, on WikiTree -- her maiden surname is frequently shown online, without a verifiable source, as Howe, Howes, House, Hawes, or Hewes.  Robert's parentage really is not known.  FamilySearch -- and/or NEHGS (americanancestors.org) and/or freereg.org.uk -- can show you primary records for Robert Spinks/Spinckes/Spinkes christened in 1615 or 1625 in York or Suffolk, and in Essex in 1608; I have yet to find a primary record for him at Gravesend or indeed anywhere in Kent.  His WikiTree profile is at wikitree (dot) com/wiki/Spink-9, and is certainly a work-in-progress, as is Alice's (which currently assigns her the birth surname of Howe, which needs to be changed to Unknown).  Glad to collaborate on research; I can be messaged privately on WikiTree via my profile, wikitree (dot) com/wiki/Childs-1516 (look for "send private message" in the yellow bar below my primary data fields.)

Offline Candace Spinks

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
Re: Robert Spink (Spynk) and other Spink in Kent
« Reply #2 on: Monday 16 May 22 00:40 BST (UK) »

In Rhode Island

https://www.packrat-pro.com/ships/speedwell.htm

Listed as

Spynk Robt  20

https://www.wikitree.com/wiki/Spink-9

https://www.geni.com/people/Robert-Spink-of-Yorkshire-Kingston/6000000006437526201

I'm related by his son Nicholas Spinke (my Father's side of the family)

Offline grandarog

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • The Original Ancestor
    • View Profile
WAGHORN/E
KENWARD
HARRIS
DIXON
MARSHALL
MERCER
CARE
FAGG