Author Topic: Clonfeacle - COMPLETED  (Read 6892 times)

Offline audrey

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Clonfeacle
« Reply #9 on: Sunday 15 May 05 15:44 BST (UK) »
Audrey, how many Clonfeacles do you want ? The AA used to do excellent flip over maps.
No trouble I'll do my best to get another one, but it's hard work giving you the mileages.
Scotmum, who's doing the navigating here ? No, I'm not losing my temper  :-*
Those maps of yours have big black blobs on them. Have none of you found a better map ?

My source of reference here is seanruad IreAtlas Townland Data Base.

There's something I have not seen before here.
Clonfeacle is shown as a townland of xx acres. Any ideas about the xx

Townland -  Clonfeacle
County    -   Tyrone
Barony    -    Dungannon Middle
Civil Parish - Clonfeacle
PLU          -   Dungannon

Christopher
I would rather have NO clonfeacles believe me  I had ruled it out until I found it listed under Armah and thought as it was so close to Antrim [or so I thought ]I better check it out

thanks for your  help at least  I am having a good laugh hear at the humour it has produced

audrey

Offline saz1401

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Monday 16 May 05 00:03 BST (UK) »
Hi Audrey
Panic not!!

You will be fine and will have a great time.

The airports have a really good supply of maps - I rely on them every time,and everyone you meet will want to help! 

Head for the first pub you see (once you have bought the maps), order whatever you normally drink, (but remember an Irish measure is almost a double measure), sit back, concentrate on your breathing, take a few sips and the world will seem a much calmer place!!!! 

ENJOY you are in Ireland / Ulster now- and don't forget to pick up a supply of potato and soda bread while you are there!!

I wish I could join you!

Saz xxx
antrim, donegore, ballycraigy, doagh, ballysavage,  carnmoney, ballyhenry, belfast, mallusk, hydepark names - twigg, gault, robinson, stevenson, todd, kirkpatrick, porter, mayne, topping, McDowell, douglas

Offline audrey

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Monday 16 May 05 07:37 BST (UK) »
Hi saz
thanks for your kind words I do love talking to people on hear the amount of info you get on hear is amazing  and its helped me a lot  I have arthritis and it is so frustrating be cause I want to do so much but I have trouble walking I only go out once a week hear to to the shopping  my heat and my head wants to do so much but my body wont let me even using my computer is very painfull some times but I don't give up I will just have to take it as it comes when I get out there and if need be go back again at a later date my husband has little interest in family history  but is looking forward to going he too is in poor health  so its a case of the blind leading the blind
audrey

Offline Lyttle

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.natio
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Thursday 06 March 08 23:47 GMT (UK) »
Confeacle is in the Church of Ireland Diocese of Armagh, but the Church of Clonfeacle, is located in the village of Benburb in County Tyrone!  The name of the Rector is Rev A.J Parkhill
(*)
To get to the Church in Benburb, take the M1 from Belfast, leave the motorway at the Dungannon junction, follow the signposts to Moy, in The Moy turn right onto the Benburb Road, the turn off is almost opposite the big church with a tall spire.  Just as you enter Benburb village the church  you are looking for is the first build you see.

Attached is a map.(*)

Cheers,

Jim.

(*) Moderator's Note: address and copyright map removed
Portadown