Author Topic: Archibald Ramage & Smithson Peverall  (Read 34060 times)

Offline Seansdad

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Archibald Ramage & Smithson Peverall
« Reply #72 on: Friday 08 May 15 23:01 BST (UK) »
Hi

Just got back into my tree after a 10 year hiatus and found this site when I got a bit frustrated trying to get further details on Isabella Airey.  What a great thread!

My link into this is through Isabella and Henry Ramage's g granddaughter, Isabella who married William Moore.  William's brother John is my gg grandfather.

Nothing to add, just wanted to say Hello to distant family members!

Tim

Offline Darlingtonian

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.natio
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: Saturday 09 May 15 17:35 BST (UK) »
Welcome Tim
It's always good to have an addition to a thread ,,,,, this thread's been running a long time but people still keep adding to it.
Jean
Lidster, Mellanby, Milburn, Laidler, Peart, Thornton, Catterson, Ellwood, Ingleby, Ramage, Sedgewick, Collinson....... Co.Durham
Ingleby....Derbyshire
Ellwood, Rigg, Gibson, Park, Fothergill.....Westmorland

Offline Kate Annie

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: Saturday 09 May 15 20:41 BST (UK) »
Yes welcome Tim, William Moore is my gg grandfather but Archie remains pretty illusive.
Murphy, Boycott,O'Neill,Moore -Durham/ Shropshire/Ireland/Scotland.
Phillips,Parry-Shropshire/Denbighshire.
Ramage,Sedgewick-Durham/Yorkshire.
O'Rourke,Brannon,Kilbride- Ireland

Offline JackieO

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #75 on: Thursday 30 July 15 10:17 BST (UK) »
Hi Everyone

My name is Jackie - First post on here so thought I should introduce myself  :)

I am a also a Ramage descendent - my Great Great Grandmother was Ann Ramage 1836.

I do feel drawn to Durham and want to research that side more- my Grandad was supposedly born in Annfield Plain but I have never been able to find any evidence of his birth although I can find him on the census returns.

I am currently working my way back through the Ramage roots and came across your posts - I had only recently added Archibald Ramage and Smithson Peverall to my tree and am fascinated to learn more about them. I hope you don't mind me jumping on the board but thought it would be a great way to find out about my roots.

Jackie

Offline Darlingtonian

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.natio
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: Thursday 30 July 15 11:22 BST (UK) »
Welcome Jackie,

if your Ann married William Thornton in Bishopton in 1859, you come down the same line as me. If there's anything I can help you with .. just ask.
Good  Luck.

Jean
Lidster, Mellanby, Milburn, Laidler, Peart, Thornton, Catterson, Ellwood, Ingleby, Ramage, Sedgewick, Collinson....... Co.Durham
Ingleby....Derbyshire
Ellwood, Rigg, Gibson, Park, Fothergill.....Westmorland

Offline JackieO

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: Thursday 30 July 15 12:21 BST (UK) »
Welcome Jackie,

if your Ann married William Thornton in Bishopton in 1859, you come down the same line as me. If there's anything I can help you with .. just ask.
Good  Luck.

Jean

Hi Jean

Thanks for your reply  :)

Yes they are definitely the same, Sarah Jane Thornton born 1864 is my Great Grandmother - what a journey she has taken me on!  From Durham to Islington via Cardiff - she ended up eventually with my Great Grandfather Edwin Young who was from Ebbw Vale born 1867.  I can find no evidence of a marriage for them at all or a birth record for my Grandad David but by 1911 they were living in Brentford and had apparently been married 14 years and David was 13 years old.  I know that Edwin passed away in Islington but I have never found any record of when Sarah Jane died.

I am currently working my way back through the Ramage roots trying to work out births marriages and deaths etc.    Finding some of these things fascinating - always wonder where they get the names from as well - always helps when an unusual name crops up like Smithson Peverall makes searching the records a lot easier!