Author Topic: Fenner Family in Sussex  (Read 12962 times)

Offline Hudor

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Fenner Family in Sussex
« Reply #18 on: Sunday 22 December 19 09:29 GMT (UK) »
Hi all
I am new to this but found the posts about the Fenner family and wanted to respond.  I have been in touch with Tim McCabe in the past, and have him on my tree.  He is the 4th great grandson of Thomas Paris Fenner(b 1783-).  Thomas Paris Fenner was my 4th great grandfather.  His granddaughter Louisa Fenner (1847-1880) married John Francis Huon Mitchell (1831-1921).  Louisa died in childbirth in 1880, having had numerous children, at "Hawksview", Manningham Road, Hawthorn, Melbourne, Victoria.  I have the Fenner line back to John Atte Fenne (b mid 1300s).  I am willing to provide this line, and would appreciate any additions and corrections to my information.

Offline lesleyandrobert

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Monday 23 December 19 01:47 GMT (UK) »
Hi Hudor.  I can take not only myself but also my husband back to the Fenners. We come down through John Ellames  Fenner's sister Elizabeth Fenner 1758-1818 married to James Nye 1851-1809. James Nye and William Fenner (Elizabeth & John Ellames' brother) were Tunbridgeware makers in Tunbridge. 
I have Thomas Parish Fenner [The First] 1783-1863 and married to Elizabeth Bevan Park.
His parents were John Ellames Fenner 1750-1813 & Mary Paris c.1744-1808.
His parents were John Fenner 1723-1793 & Sarah Ellames 1726-1803 and I can take Sarah back another 3 generations.
I would love to see what you have if anything on the Nye family and what you have on the Fenner line. Looking forward to hearing from you.  Coffee Girl

Offline Hudor

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Monday 23 December 19 02:24 GMT (UK) »
Hi Coffee Girl
Thank you for your reply.  I don't have the Nye line, but would be pleased to send you my Fenner line. Please contact me at my home email *, and I'll send you information.
Regards

*Moderator comment: personal e-mail address removed in accordance with RootsChat general practice and guidance, to prevent others spamming or abusing it.  Please use the personal message system to exchange such information.  New members may need to make two or three posts in order to be able to access the system.  Thanks  :)