Author Topic: WW1 draft registration  (Read 1490 times)

Offline Scottish2

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
WW1 draft registration
« on: Friday 25 June 04 01:41 BST (UK) »
Hi

A few of you managed to help me with the census and making sense of it all for the US census as some images just are not clear and I was hoping someone might be able to help here. I have found my G-Grandfathers WW1 US draft Registration card but it isn't to reable. Does anyone know if and where I get find a blank of this form so I know what it is asking? Here is the form itself in case there were different I can hopefully get the right one.

Offline Catherine

• RootsChat Member
  • I've not edited my PROFILE yet
    • View Profile
Re:WW1 draft registration
« Reply #1 on: Friday 25 June 04 10:10 BST (UK) »
Hi!

This site may give you a little help..

www.geocities.com/Heartland/6721/ww1.htm

Good Luck

Catherine   :)

Offline Gardener

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Friday 25 June 04 10:54 BST (UK) »
http://www.slcl.lib.mo.us/slcl/sc/sc-ww1-q.htm

Think this is the site you want - your version of the card is the second one on there. How lovely to get eye colour information as well!
Rose (Black Country),Downs (Black Country),Wolloxall (any and all),Bark (Derbyshire),Wright (Derbyshire),Marsden (Derbyshire), Wallace (Black Country)

All census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Scottish2

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Friday 25 June 04 11:04 BST (UK) »
Thanks for the links

Unfortunately the last link the one directly above this reply is for Missouri and my G-Grandfather was from Rhode Island. Also the form numbers don't match I am looking for what looks to be form 88-1-12-A and the numbers don't match for that site as that is for Missouri. Any site exist for Rhode Island?

Thanks though as both links are still handy in their info.

Offline Gardener

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Friday 25 June 04 11:40 BST (UK) »
I think that if you put each page 1 on the screen side by side then you will see that the questions are the same - compare the shapes of the words and the length of line of text. I know nothing about it but suspect that each state would have it's own numbered code and probably would print the cards to a standard format but there would be a bit of variation due to the printer used. But then I know nothing what soever and am just guessing here...
Rose (Black Country),Downs (Black Country),Wolloxall (any and all),Bark (Derbyshire),Wright (Derbyshire),Marsden (Derbyshire), Wallace (Black Country)

All census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk