Author Topic: Request for parents of John Chappell CLARK  (Read 7809 times)

Offline wordsworth

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Request for parents of John Chappell CLARK
« Reply #18 on: Wednesday 18 April 12 10:39 BST (UK) »
Hi, I haven't sent this particular photo to anyone but did send a group one which may be of the Clark, Thorn or possibly Pimm family,its on tin plate so not very clear. Besides the picture of Ann and Herbert I also have another one of Ann on her own so it would be good to clarify if she is Ann  Thorn or Caple.

Kath  :)

Offline JenClark

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Exhausted yet content!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Wednesday 18 April 12 11:57 BST (UK) »
Perhaps if we tried to work out the date of the photo, which might have a better chance at guessing which Ann it is?

When did Ann Thorn pass away? Ann Clark (nee Capel) passed away in 1882, so if it is her it would be at the latest early 1880's.

To be honest from looking at the clothes, hairstyles etc, I would have said the picture was more like turn of the century 1900 or later.

What do you guys think?

Ann Thorn would only be 30 or so by then...but the lady looks more like she is 70 or so........

Jenny
Clark, Sommerlad, Bowden, Barrett, Griffey, Sayers, Bridge, Walters, Pollard, Capel, Dibble, James, Lingard, Mensforth, Watts, Rutherford, Stainton, Chatterton, Tubbs, Thompson, Fulton, Booth, Sellwood, Edwards, Pitcher, Creech, Johns, Phillips, Roberts, Keast, Tregonning, Mason, Lancefield, Ibberson, Green, Case, Cook, Dunham, Porter, Pope, Hall, Welsh, Hellefield, Warburton, Fletcher, Foster, Stiles, Tait, Nicoll, Sutherland, McIntyre, Cole, Neal, Ladlow, Bellamy, Castleton, Barker, Yuill

Offline wordsworth

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Wednesday 18 April 12 13:28 BST (UK) »
Ann Gowan nee Thorn was born 1843 and was 88 when she died in 1931, the man with her in the photograph was born in 1896, I would guess that the photo was taken in the 1920s. What do others think?
Kath

Offline JenClark

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Exhausted yet content!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Wednesday 18 April 12 13:35 BST (UK) »
Sorry got confused with Clara Ann Thorn!!

I think 1920's is much more likely for that picture than 1880's.......I reckon it is Ann Thorn (nee Gowan) rather than Ann Clark (nee Capel)

Mystery solved  ;)
Clark, Sommerlad, Bowden, Barrett, Griffey, Sayers, Bridge, Walters, Pollard, Capel, Dibble, James, Lingard, Mensforth, Watts, Rutherford, Stainton, Chatterton, Tubbs, Thompson, Fulton, Booth, Sellwood, Edwards, Pitcher, Creech, Johns, Phillips, Roberts, Keast, Tregonning, Mason, Lancefield, Ibberson, Green, Case, Cook, Dunham, Porter, Pope, Hall, Welsh, Hellefield, Warburton, Fletcher, Foster, Stiles, Tait, Nicoll, Sutherland, McIntyre, Cole, Neal, Ladlow, Bellamy, Castleton, Barker, Yuill

Offline wordsworth

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Wednesday 18 April 12 14:17 BST (UK) »
Thats good from my point of view but it would still be nice if we had a photograph of the other Ann.
Kath