Author Topic: Request for parents of John Chappell CLARK  (Read 7807 times)

Offline P56

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Request for parents of John Chappell CLARK
« Reply #9 on: Saturday 14 April 12 16:23 BST (UK) »
Enjoyed the photo, John.
Jenny,
There is an entry in the Churchill Burial Records (no. 29) for a James Clark dated 5 Oct 1815, Burrington "child of James and Hester".
P56.

Offline JenClark

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Exhausted yet content!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Sunday 15 April 12 02:31 BST (UK) »
Thanks P56  ;)

I also see the burial for Hester in the same records:

Burials, St John the Baptist, Churchill, Somerset:
29 March 1835    Hester    CLARK    Blackmoor    62yrs

I wonder where James Clark (b 1783) died? The 1828 death at Churchill is for his father James Clark, and his mother Lydia Clark (nee Howlett) seems to have died in abt 1848 as shows in FreeBMD

Lydia Clark Mar Q 1848 Axbridge, Somerset (which includes Churchill) (10 272)

So the hunt is on for James!!

Jenny
Clark, Sommerlad, Bowden, Barrett, Griffey, Sayers, Bridge, Walters, Pollard, Capel, Dibble, James, Lingard, Mensforth, Watts, Rutherford, Stainton, Chatterton, Tubbs, Thompson, Fulton, Booth, Sellwood, Edwards, Pitcher, Creech, Johns, Phillips, Roberts, Keast, Tregonning, Mason, Lancefield, Ibberson, Green, Case, Cook, Dunham, Porter, Pope, Hall, Welsh, Hellefield, Warburton, Fletcher, Foster, Stiles, Tait, Nicoll, Sutherland, McIntyre, Cole, Neal, Ladlow, Bellamy, Castleton, Barker, Yuill

Offline BristolClark

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Monday 16 April 12 14:51 BST (UK) »
It seems my connection to this Clark branch is wrong. I am not related to John Chappel Clark or Ann Capel. The Albert and George Clark I had based this connection off of was in fact a completely different Albert and George Clark.

I was in contact with some Clarks I thought distant cousins, so I will email them with this pages link to let them get in contact with you all.

I feel like such an idiot.  :'( At least you lot got a photo of your relative Ann Capel.

I wish you, Jen and P56, all the best.  :)

Offline JenClark

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Exhausted yet content!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Monday 16 April 12 23:01 BST (UK) »
Oh, BristolClark that is a shame  :-\

Perhaps you can post what you know for certain about your Albert & George Clark and we can help you sort them out?

Do you have the birth certificate for your Albert George Clark (b 1890)? That might be the best place to start, then you will have his parents names etc.

We have all barked up the wrong tree on occasion, don't fret, I am sure you will sort your Clark's out  ;)

Jenny
Clark, Sommerlad, Bowden, Barrett, Griffey, Sayers, Bridge, Walters, Pollard, Capel, Dibble, James, Lingard, Mensforth, Watts, Rutherford, Stainton, Chatterton, Tubbs, Thompson, Fulton, Booth, Sellwood, Edwards, Pitcher, Creech, Johns, Phillips, Roberts, Keast, Tregonning, Mason, Lancefield, Ibberson, Green, Case, Cook, Dunham, Porter, Pope, Hall, Welsh, Hellefield, Warburton, Fletcher, Foster, Stiles, Tait, Nicoll, Sutherland, McIntyre, Cole, Neal, Ladlow, Bellamy, Castleton, Barker, Yuill

Offline BristolClark

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Monday 16 April 12 23:45 BST (UK) »
Hello Jen.

I'm glad to hear others have had similar experiences. In a way I am glad though, as now I can have the whole experience of locating my Clark family all over again. Plus, I have had the pleasure to hopefully get some of your Clarks on this page and hooked up with yourselves. I've just emailed them, so hopefully they will see this and register on.

I started a thread here about Albert Clark: http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php/topic,592258.0.html

Daisy has been absolutely amazing in helping me, but would gladly welcome any help and advice from others too. :)

Offline JenClark

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Exhausted yet content!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Tuesday 17 April 12 01:35 BST (UK) »
Glad to see you have started another thread John, looks like you are well on your way to sorting them out with Daisy's help, Rootschat is such a wonderful site, I will put my 2 cents worth in if I have anything to offer  :)

Offline wordsworth

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Tuesday 17 April 12 15:05 BST (UK) »
Hello,

I am researching the Clark family which is my husband's side of the family, his Gt Gt Grandfather was William John Clark b 1847 and the son of John Chappel Clark and Ann Caple.  William John Clark was married to Clara Maria Pimm b 1848 Bedminster, Bristol they had 5 children Robert, William, Clara Ann, George and Ernest.  My husband descends from Clara Ann Clark who was born in Bedminster in 1876, she marries Henry John Thorn in 1898, they have one child Lillian who is my husband's grandmother.

William John Clark used to have a sweet shop in Dean Lane, Bedminster, my mother in law can remember going to the shop when she was a small child.

I have been stuck on this line for ages but  reading all the messages its seems I now have a break through, I noticed that Jen Clark has posted a link to a photograph of Ann Caple, I was sent the same photo by a Thorn researcher who claims its a picture of Ann Thorn later Gowen with a foster son called Herbert Adams.. I am now a bit confused as to who this photo relates to as it was sent to me with a story about Ann.

Kath

Offline JenClark

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Exhausted yet content!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Tuesday 17 April 12 23:03 BST (UK) »
Hey Kath, welcome to Rootschat and how lovely to find another Clark researcher  ;D

Thanks for the information about your link to William John Clark, thanks for the info on the sweets shop too, I knew he became a confectioner from the census.....always thought it was a strange career change though...Tanner to Confectioner  ;)

The photo that you mention is not one I have uploaded, John (BristolClark) popped it up...he may be able to give you more information on who gave it to him and the story that went with it....I'm afraid I am not much help having never seen Ann Clark (nee Capel) before....nor Ann Thorn.

Here is the photo of Ann Capel. I got this off of a distant cousin who descends from William Clark who is also pictured. Unfortunately they didn't have a photo of John.

http://i.imgur.com/70gN2.jpg

I would be happy to share what information I have on the Clark's any queries let me know

Jenny

Offline BristolClark

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Wednesday 18 April 12 02:37 BST (UK) »
Hello Kath.

I had a look in my email folders and can't actually find the relevant email, but the person who sent me the photo of this Ann was adamant that she was a Capel/Clark.

I thought it you, Kath, but perhaps it may be Wendy instead?  ??? :)