Author Topic: Do you know of Les and Edna Bowden?  (Read 2560 times)

Offline 'Trish'

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Do you know of Les and Edna Bowden?
« on: Saturday 03 March 12 20:48 GMT (UK) »
My great Aunt Edna Bowden nee Fear emigrated to USA or Canada with her husband and son during they 1960's from Bristol, UK.  I would dearly love to where they emigrated too.  Edna Bowden nee Fear was born 1906 in Weston-Super-Mare, UK, to Edward and Bessie Fear.
Edna and Les' son was called Terry Les or Les Terry, either way, he was born in Bristol in 1939, and married I believe in the 1960's prior to emigrating.  I told Terry and his wife had a son and a daughter.  If Terry is still alive he would be about age 77 now.  I have a picture of me as a baby, being held by a cousin with Terry watching that was in 1952.  regards Trish
Fear, Puddy, Bunn, Hemsbury - Wedmore Somerset.  Watts - Romsey Hants, Frome Somerset, Warminster Wilts & Wokingham Berkshire.  Roberts - Newport, Stone Glos, Austin - Monmouth. Dix or Dicks - Frome. Pugh - Llanbrynmair, Trevithin & Tafolwern

Offline lilybell

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Do you know of Les and Edna Bowden?
« Reply #1 on: Monday 05 March 12 04:15 GMT (UK) »

Hi Trish,

Have not been able to find a passenger record for Edna or Les coming to Canada or the US .Are you certain that they did come to Canada or the US.

Do you have any kind of proof?

I have found a Bowden Family Tree on A*****ry. and according to what is there both Edna and Les died in England. There is a child marked Private
so it probably means that they are still living.

If you send me a email address I could put you in touch with the person or persons who posted the information.

Lilybell
Harrod Essex and Kent England
McCrimmon Invernesshire  Scotland

Offline 'Trish'

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Do you know of Les and Edna Bowden?
« Reply #2 on: Monday 05 March 12 11:21 GMT (UK) »
Family told me they all emigrated about 1960's, in the picture Terry is in uniform but thinking about it he could have only been he must only been 14. Regards Trish
Fear, Puddy, Bunn, Hemsbury - Wedmore Somerset.  Watts - Romsey Hants, Frome Somerset, Warminster Wilts & Wokingham Berkshire.  Roberts - Newport, Stone Glos, Austin - Monmouth. Dix or Dicks - Frome. Pugh - Llanbrynmair, Trevithin & Tafolwern