Author Topic: Osborne family, Southsea 1930's 40's  (Read 726 times)

Offline moley14

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Osborne family, Southsea 1930's 40's
« on: Sunday 04 March 12 08:30 GMT (UK) »
Trying to research Anne Osborne who's Father Francis died in 1931 and lived at 106 Albert Road, Southsea (now HSBC bank I think). He was a painter and decorator. She would have been 8 years old.

Her Mother was Lucy Rhoda (Brind) and she had a stepson Wallace (Mother died at birth) born 1907, Edward 1911, Rhoda 1912 and then Anne 1923.

Looking at maps I wonder if Anne attended Albert Street school.  How could I find out?

Anne married in 1942 to George Goodhew (maybe known as Jack). Her address given as  49 Lincoln Road, Portsmouth. 

In 1947 she was in Singapore (with husband in forces?) and in 1948 she was a Ledger clerk in Bath and went on to be an accountant.

Any help with her early family life i.e. schools, college would be much appreciated.

Offline EmmaWiles81

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Osborne family, Southsea 1930's 40's
« Reply #1 on: Friday 30 September 22 11:35 BST (UK) »
Hello, I am wondering if this is the same family with Ethel Kite Osborne in it? I am seeking her son John Osborne - born 24/8/1927 and was a twin to his brother David. They were both evacuated to the IOW and then we think John went to Eastbourne and possibly Wales. Would this relate to anyone in your tree?
Best wishes,
Emma