Author Topic: George Strong Records  (Read 11050 times)

Offline gnorts

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: George Strong Records
« Reply #27 on: Saturday 15 September 12 18:39 BST (UK) »
Trish; Thank you for the additional info and the effort that you put in. This will give me more to go on. Jim

Offline trish1120

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Happy me
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Sunday 16 September 12 04:17 BST (UK) »
Your welcome :)
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Cummins, Miskelly(IRELAND + NZ) ,Leggett (SFK + NFK ENGLAND + NZ),Purdy ( NBL ENGLAND + NZ ), Shaw YKS, LANCs + NZ), Holdsworth(LINCS +LANCS + NZ), Moloney, Dean, Fitzpatrick, ( County Down,IRE) Newby(NBL.ENG, Costello(IRE), Ivers, Murray(IRE),Reay(NBL.ENG) Reid (BERW.SCOTLAND)

Offline Julia Byers

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Tuesday 08 September 15 11:04 BST (UK) »
My maiden name was Strong and I am descended from Strong's of Caldbeck. My g.g. Uncle was Thomas George (known as George) who lived with his family at Little Blencowe Farm, Blencowe, near Greystoke (as of the 1911 census) and then at Great Strickland in Westmorland. He was killed in WWl in 1918 when 26 yrs old. He never married or had children, but the Strong family is still in Great Strickland.
His parents were called John and Jane and are buried in the village churchyard. George's (Thomas) name is on the war memorial inside the church.

Offline dawnsh

• Global Moderator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: Tuesday 08 September 15 13:52 BST (UK) »
Hi Julia Byers

Welcome to Rootschat  ;D

gnorts was online here a couple of months ago so should receive an email notification that you have posted and hopefully come back soon.

Dawn
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Sherry-Paddington & Marylebone,
Longhurst-Ealing & Capel, Abinger, Ewhurst & Ockley,
Chandler-Chelsea

Offline ThrelfallYorky

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: Tuesday 08 September 15 17:47 BST (UK) »
As Strong is very definitely a Cumberland surname, and many of us with Cumberland links have a Strong or two sitting on our family tree, why not post the questions you want on the Cumberland board, and see what the response is? Both the surname and locations sound vaguely familiar. I'm sure you'll get really helpful responses, especially to specific questions.
Threlfall (Southport), Isherwood (lancs & Canada), Newbould + Topliss(Derby), Keating & Cummins (Ireland + lancs), Fisher, Strong& Casson (all Cumberland) & Downie & Bowie, Linlithgow area Scotland . Also interested in Leigh& Burrows,(Lancashire) Griffiths (Shropshire & lancs), Leaver (Lancs/Yorks) & Anderson(Cumberland and very elusive)