Author Topic: William (Bunble) Cooper  (Read 7604 times)

Offline aug

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: William (Bunble) Cooper
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday 06 March 12 11:17 GMT (UK) »
Hi sandra

Derby smith married Eliza cooper 1911 shere.. Residence Hatchurst downs

Married in Littie village church.. Eliza b 1890C Walton on the hill merseyside.

childen of theirs jasper smith b 25/6/1921 Reigate D 25/6/2003 His mother Eliza died when he was 6.

Emily smith b 10/5/1927

Levi smith b 1912c
 minty 1911  I have no death dates for their kids.

I think derby was born Hatchurst Downs?

His parents Alfred smith and Charlotte Lee.

Eliza mother Amy cooper nee' Deacon have her parents Thomas Deacon  b 1848c and Rachel Frankin b 1843

Hope this all helps?  I have look later what you found,as i off to work.

jew

:)

Offline aug

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday 06 March 12 23:12 GMT (UK) »
Hi Sanda

I have no marriage for william and amy, In the book that was wrote i found he was with a Amy Deacon they settle around mitcham common surrey. I have some of her sibings.. I found some other children of theirs but no dates of birth for some them,they had 7 children in all Minty,amy,Levy,Jasper,Rachel,Reuben,Emily Then i found unity cooper so their must of been 8? children  unity i found married Venus Pidgeley 1919 seven Oaks kent. Hope this all helps?   

jew

Offline aug

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Wednesday 07 March 12 00:16 GMT (UK) »
Hi sandra

Sorry about this i had Amy surname as Deacon it is Deakin's just to let you know

jew

Offline SandraAust

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Wednesday 07 March 12 01:52 GMT (UK) »
Found Amy with her parents and siblings in 1881 as DEEKINS/DEAKINS living in a tent at Cheam, Surrey:

Thomas c1846 Licensed Hawker POB unknown for all except the baby
Rachel c1849
Amy c1866
Rose c1868
Thomas c1870
Abraham c1873
Rachel c1876
Alfred c1878
Un-named Female Infant aged 3 months born Cheam, Surrey

There is a birth reg for Amy DEEKINGS March qtr 1866 at Croydon which could be your Amy.
Compton: England (Hampshire, Surrey), Australia
Bentley: England (Lancashire, Warwickshire, Worcestershire), Australia
McGowan: NZ, Australia
Rowley: NZ, England, Australia
Salvin: NZ, England, Australia
Von Lehenner: Germany, England

Offline SandraAust

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Wednesday 07 March 12 02:11 GMT (UK) »
Hi Sanda

I have no marriage for william and amy, In the book that was wrote i found he was with a Amy Deacon they settle around mitcham common surrey. I have some of her sibings.. I found some other children of theirs but no dates of birth for some them,they had 7 children in all Minty,amy,Levy,Jasper,Rachel,Reuben,Emily Then i found unity cooper so their must of been 8? children  unity i found married Venus Pidgeley 1919 seven Oaks kent. Hope this all helps?   

jew

Now I'm completely confused! I had also found Unity marying Venus PIDGELEY but no mention of some of the other children you have now named. You also haven't included Elizabeth (wife of Derby) in the list of children. So was she really the daughter of William/Bundle and Amy?

This book you have referred to, I have seen it mentioned on some other forums that are specifically for people interested in their gypsy heritage. Has the author given any proof of these births/marriages/unions or is it just hearsay? Without genuine proof via birth certificates etc it can be almost impossible to prove anything. Also if a mother died leaving young children behind, it's possible these children may have been cared for by other family members and grew up in the belief that these people were their real parents.

I'm not sure if I can help any further as there is so much confusion surrounding this whole group of people and so much re-use of names that it is extremely difficult to figure out who belongs to who. Also not having marriages and births registered makes it even worse.

I would suggest that you Google some of the more unusual names (the various Minty's for example) and you will come across many sites specific to your needs (Romany heritage etc) and might even find some cousins that have had more success.

Best of luck with your ongoing search.

Sandra
Compton: England (Hampshire, Surrey), Australia
Bentley: England (Lancashire, Warwickshire, Worcestershire), Australia
McGowan: NZ, Australia
Rowley: NZ, England, Australia
Salvin: NZ, England, Australia
Von Lehenner: Germany, England

Offline aug

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Wednesday 07 March 12 10:09 GMT (UK) »
Hi sandra

thank-you for your help..  Eliza cooper was daughter of william cooper and Amy deakins. In book their is a marriage cert of Eliza and derby smith i try and send you. with father name on cert william cooper.

Thanks again.

jew

Offline RankGorger

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Sunday 30 September 12 22:03 BST (UK) »
I've been looking into this for a week now...with a combination of harvesting information from threads on this board and other traveller message boards and some detective work in the BMD index, I have gathered a lot of information. However, there are still a lot of missing pieces to the puzzle which I'd appreciate some help with.

First, a few errors/comments:

Hi Sanda

jew

I think you're confusing generations here.

William and Amy had the following children: Amy, Patience, Unity, Rachel, Levi, Elizabeth.

The final child, Elizabeth married Darby Smith and had the children you mention.

Found Amy with her parents and siblings in 1881 as DEEKINS/DEAKINS living in a tent at Cheam, Surrey:

Un-named Female Infant aged 3 months born Cheam, Surrey

The unnamed female would turn out to be Rebecca Deakins.

Now I'm completely confused! I had also found Unity marying Venus PIDGELEY but no mention of some of the other children you have now named. You also haven't included Elizabeth (wife of Derby) in the list of children. So was she really the daughter of William/Bundle and Amy?

You are correct. See my comments above.

If anyone else is researching this family and wants to swap info, please let me know.

Offline coopers pup

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Wednesday 28 November 12 07:58 GMT (UK) »

Hi
Lets throw a stone in the pond and see where the ripples land

William Cooper was my mum's Unca Bundle

Mum's cousin Unity married Venus (uncle Veenie) Pidgely who travelled with Bottons big fair with a big refreshment stall and a chipper my mum used to work there
Cousin Levi was my age and we were close

The Pidgely family lived in Walton on Thames and ran a business
there

Another of mums cousins was Aunt Patience (pashey) who married Barney Jewel and lived in a house in Mitcham

I could go on about Derby Smith and the "Sperit" but that's for another day

Coopers pup

Offline MD1972

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Thursday 11 July 13 19:21 BST (UK) »
Hello Amy Deacons was my great aunt she was me g grandfather leonards sister I am doing a family tree fer me mother and could do with some help......I need help with amys sisters Rachel,rose and brothers Thomas and Abraham any help would be much appreciated...6