Author Topic: Swiss/French records  (Read 1402 times)

Offline jorose

• Global Moderator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Swiss/French records
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday 07 March 12 12:53 GMT (UK) »
Depending on what you're using, there should/may be some extra boxes labelled "piece" "folio" "page".

RG10/523/56/13:
RG 10 is the "series number" (this refers to the 1871 census, RG 11 is 1881, RG 12 is 1891, RG 13 is 1901 etc).
523 is the piece number
56 is the folio
13 is the page

ETA: Where do you have Seleviere from? I'm trying to work it out but depending whether it's a "misheard" or "mistranscribed" name there are just too many possibilities. I really do think that's her remarrying in 1902, so if we can get a better idea of her maiden name + father's name off that it may be possible to track her in French records despite the problems with Paris.
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline porkypie

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Swiss/French records
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday 07 March 12 13:53 GMT (UK) »
jorose
I subsequently found the 1891 and 1901 returns using street search on the genealogist as when i thought about it i knew the address.
the name Briner was transcribed as "Brenan" and "Brines"

struggling with 1871, i found the screen you are referring to once with spaces for folio and piece but i cant find it again at the moment, and my boss keeps walking behind me, so its going to have to be later i think

I have the name Seleviere from the birth certificate of the male child born in 1869. I agree that the second marriage certificate is the next logical step
many thanks
regards
charlie
Childrens bloodline.
Family names
Nelson, Hardy, Fairlamb, Tarr, Cole, Senton, Briner, Wood