Author Topic: (COMPLETED))Could be a HARD one: Queenie MASTERS?  (Read 22295 times)

Offline Neil Todd

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • "Oportet vivere"
    • View Profile
Re: Could be a HARD one: Queenie MASTERS?
« Reply #171 on: Monday 19 March 12 02:06 GMT (UK) »
Hi, Mary 1883 died same year buried at Baroondah cemetery with 7 other children in a public Grave so I read on here. I have also made a typo and put Charles death AT 1879 WHEN IT SHOULD BE 1889 ::)

And things would very much be depended on their what seems less than fragile relationship. She seems to attempting to rid herself from him, by even attempting suicide. 1882.

Neil
Grewl,Nickerseens,flombastion,Everheads

Offline c more

• RootsChat Veteran
  • My Grandmother
    • View Profile
Re: Could be a HARD one: Queenie MASTERS?
« Reply #172 on: Monday 19 March 12 04:27 GMT (UK) »
Hi Neil.
could you please tells us which certificates you have for this family besides
1908 NSW death cert ,Louisa. MASTERS
1931 NSW death cert,  Ellen GAGER
1872 VIC marriage cert, Charles Barker White MESSENGER to Louisa SOLOMON.
1869 VIC death cert, Charles MESSENGER
because it seems that there are some other certificates that you need to get to obtain more info about the family  to make sure you don't go down the wrong track. Also it might stop you from going around and around in circles which seems to be the case at the moment.
Alot of things that have been suggested on here need to be verified and backed up with certificates or other documents eg probate, wills, family letters etc.
Cheers Leonie. 
Modified to add 1869 death cert Charles MESSENGER
NATT: Kent & Australia
HOUGH: Derbyshire & Australia
SEYMOUR: Chelsea London & Australia
AISH: Dorset & Australia
WALTERS/WALTER: South Australia & Victoria

Census Information is Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Neil Todd

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • "Oportet vivere"
    • View Profile
(Completed) Re: Could be a HARD one: Queenie MASTERS?
« Reply #173 on: Monday 19 March 12 08:18 GMT (UK) »
I feel that this post and myself are only annoying people now. It is for that reason I am going to close it and would like to thank all those that have attempted to help and have helped in many ways. I will get the certificates or probate packets that are needed to find what has been a difficult question to answer. There are no letters or personal papers that have not been brought forward.
Modified.With your help I have found that Louisa Masters/Messenger/Solomon, must have had her reasons to live out a lie until her death in 1908. I also feel that her life under Mr Charles Messenger was terrible, we may never know the real reasons, but one can assume as a Roman Catholic she was unable to divorce him, for those same reasons her attempt at suicide must have torn at her tremendously. I believe Mr William Masters knew the true story and aided her concealment and provided a far more happy environment for her last years.Neil
Grewl,Nickerseens,flombastion,Everheads