Author Topic: Cause of death help  (Read 3385 times)

Offline HannahB

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Cause of death help
« Reply #9 on: Saturday 10 March 12 23:33 GMT (UK) »
She could have fallen or something but these things happen.  I know someone who had six children and then lost one at about five months - it is sometimes just part of life. Not necessarily anything she did.  Hannah
New York/Ontario: Buchan, Cronmiller/Kronmuller
Sussex: Harman   
Chesham, Bucks: Plested, Dell, Dwight, Sedgewick, Cordery, Rance.
Alabama: Howton, Anderson, Palmer, Massey, Gwin 
Gt. Gaddesden, Herts; Cook
London/ Bristol; Bellamy, Child
Scotland; McLeod, Shannon
British Columbia: McLeod, Simpson

Offline Billyblue

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Saturday 10 March 12 23:54 GMT (UK) »
There would be no need for the doctor to put spontaneous in front of abortion.

Certified and a name means it is certified by a doctor who was either there at the time, or was the last doctor who treated the patient within the last few days.   If they haven't seen the patient for some time, I think they have to note that on the certificate.  The certificate they fill in (here in Oz where I live) certainly has them state the last time they saw the patient.
Note - this is the certificate that the registrar's office takes its information from, not the one that is issued from the registrar's office at a later date.

DAwn M
Denys (France); Rossier/Rousseau (Switzerland); Montgomery (Antrim, IRL & North Sydney NSW);  Finn (Co.Carlow, IRL & NSW); Wilson (Leicestershire & NSW); Blue (Sydney NSW); Fisher & Barrago & Harrington(all Tipperary, IRL)

Offline TerriLea

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Sunday 11 March 12 00:17 GMT (UK) »
Thanks Dawn M,

The cause of death information was a surprise on the certificate. That was one of the reasons I got it, but I was hoping to get some family information from it. I live in OZ too, so I thought from seeing the ones they have here, that perhaps I might find if there were any other children then the 2 I already have, and perhaps some parental info. But nothing other than cause of death, so I thought I'd find out what I could about it. And everyone is so helpful on Rootschat, for taking the time to help out. It's really appreciated.
This line is on my Dad's, Maternal side. My parents split when I was very young,and I haven't had  much contact with that side of the family, so I have been finding all this out myself, I don't think there is anyone alive and able to remember any stories about the family, so I'm just trying to figure it all out.

Terri.
Scotland - Scott/Smith/Greenhill
Manchester - Scott
London - Scott/Greenhill
Buckinghamshire - Tooley/Eames/Garnett/Saunders/Holland
Durham - Eddlestone/Cowell
Northumberland - Dodds/Hindmarsh
Scotland - Glasgow - Binning
Scotland - Inverness - Ross/Chisholm
NSW/QLD -Australia - Scott/Eddlestone
Cornwall - Bray/Kessell
SA - Australia - Bray/Kessell