Author Topic: alfred harris  (Read 1812 times)

Offline bomber633

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: alfred harris
« Reply #9 on: Monday 12 March 12 09:28 GMT (UK) »
it would be good to know the first names and birth years of his daughters for my records , if thats at all possible.has your mum got any photos of her dad , i could try to attach one if you wished .  yes charlotte it is good to find all this out ,hope tinhat is as pleased

Offline tinhat99

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Monday 12 March 12 16:16 GMT (UK) »
Yes i'm really pleased - thank you. How did you find my original post as that was done over a year ago?. My Mum has no photographs of her Dad at all and i'm pretty sure her siblings don't have any either. A photograph would be lovely, many thanks!

Offline bomber633

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Monday 12 March 12 17:33 GMT (UK) »
hi tinhat found your original message by pure luck when I googled dads name on Thursday night. Yes there are 6 children, 3 boys & 3 girls. The oldest is 52 & the youngest 38. I have a couple of army photo's that I will try to scan in & send to you soon (as I said before I am not brilliant on the computer). Will talk again soon

Offline tinhat99

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Monday 12 March 12 22:13 GMT (UK) »
Hi Bomber - i've just modified one of my previous messages just to maintain the privacy of some of the family members (re names) Look forward to hearing from you again.

Offline bomber633

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Tuesday 13 March 12 12:57 GMT (UK) »
hi tinhat ,having afew problems doing this third time lucky!, think i can only attach one pic at atime!.
got afew more questions hope you do not mind?
do you all still live in the leicester area?
did rose ever remarry?
did they even divorce?
why did they separate?

Offline tinhat99

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Wednesday 14 March 12 19:49 GMT (UK) »
Hi - i'm not a lot of help re putting photos on screen! The family stayed in the Midlands and i don't think they were ever divorced hence no remarriage. Can't help you on your last question. I know very little about them to be honest! 
Would love to know why and when he went to live in Southampton and if he kept in touch with other family members? - I believe he had sisters.                                     

Offline bomber633

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Sunday 18 March 12 09:45 GMT (UK) »
Hi, I am not sure when he moved to Southampton. My oldest brother was born in '59, so sometime in the late '50's.
I know he had brothers and sisters. I heard him speak of them now & again. I can remember a Syd and maybe a Bert.
I keep trying to attach a photo but it keeps bombing out!!

Offline izabella1

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Thursday 16 May 13 10:49 BST (UK) »
Hi ya i think we r related alf harris was my uncle my dad was sid harris hiis brothers were bert charlie clive herbet sisters were helen maurd dont think there was any more i know alf was a pidgeon fancier and had icontact with my dad my mums name was jean maiden name osborne both my parents are dead now have 3sisters and 3 brothers we live in hinckley hope u get this just so u know u have stoll got family here im one of the twins. take care for now hope to here from u soon

Offline bomber633

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Monday 20 May 13 11:26 BST (UK) »
hi izabella 1 good to here from you !  got afew pc probs at moment , would be good to talk  will tri to get sorted asap.