Author Topic: William & Charles Shortt (brothers)  (Read 989 times)

Offline suemccall

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
William & Charles Shortt (brothers)
« on: Wednesday 14 March 12 08:27 GMT (UK) »
William died in Brockville, Leeds, Ontario Died, 26/2/1909 I was hoping to find a photo of a grave but I've been unable to ascertain where  he was buried. He was born in Ireland and was a clergyman. 

Charles died in Bruce, Ontario, in 1903.  I have no other information but would love to locate a photo of his grave too. He was also buried in Ireland.  They are the sons of Jonathan Shortt and Ann Antisell.

Kind regards,
Shortt, Antisell, Owen, Smith and Bagnall Families of Ireland
Edols, Lees/Lee of Liverpool, Lancashire, Ross of Renfrewshire, Bryce of Renfrewshire, Family of Hew Craig and Margaret Dumas, Gibraltar.  Dumas family of Killarney, Kerry, Ireland.

Offline LindaGW

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Re: William & Charles Shortt (brothers)
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 14 March 12 16:47 GMT (UK) »
The Ontario Cemetery Finding Aid (http://ocfa.islandnet.com/ocfa-search.php) lists several people named William Shortt buried in Ontario.  Have you contacted the Brockville Public Library to see if they can provide you with a copy of William's obituary?

The death record for his brother Charles states that he died on 1 Mar 1903.  The OCFA lists a Charles Shortt buried in Walkerton Protestant Cemetery, Brant Township, Bruce, Ontario.  You could perhaps contact the cemetery for more information.

Linda

Offline suemccall

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: William & Charles Shortt (brothers)
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 14 March 12 21:01 GMT (UK) »
Thanks so much Linda for your help.  I'll see if I can locate the library. 
Shortt, Antisell, Owen, Smith and Bagnall Families of Ireland
Edols, Lees/Lee of Liverpool, Lancashire, Ross of Renfrewshire, Bryce of Renfrewshire, Family of Hew Craig and Margaret Dumas, Gibraltar.  Dumas family of Killarney, Kerry, Ireland.