Author Topic: Murdoch Muir  (Read 1819 times)

Offline HeathersLaw

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Murdoch Muir
« on: Monday 16 May 05 14:43 BST (UK) »
Hi

I have just found out that my 2 x great grandfather was born Kilmarnock c1825.  His parents are William Muir and Elizabeth McCutchie.  Can anyone help please?

Heather

Offline moscan

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • The next generation
    • View Profile
Re: Murdoch Muir
« Reply #1 on: Monday 16 May 05 23:47 BST (UK) »
Murdoch Muir died aged 50 on March 20th 1875 in Kelvin in  Lanarkshire.

he was married to Mary Moodie his parents are listed as you said Elizabeth Muir nee McCutchie and father William a cooper was deceased at this time.

Cause of death was Rhumatism, Heart Disease, Bronchitis and Dropsy... poor man

Death was registered by Mary Muir (widow)

Mary Moodie and Murdoch Muir were married on 9th May 1856 it was his second marriage...

Mary's Parents were James Moodie and Jessie Moodie nee Geddes

James Moodie was a Cabinet Maker.

I think I found Murdochs first marriage it was to an Ann Park on 4 Jan 1852 in Barony in Lanarkshire.

Hope this helps

Mo
All census look up transcriptions are Crown Copyright<br /><br />Researching: - Freear, Walker, Aston, Scanlan, Courtney, Lowth, O’Sulivan, McDonnell, Condon, McMahon, McKay, Brock, Gourlay, Busby<br /><br />Locations: - March in Cambridgeshire, Banbury in Oxfordshire, Mileham in Norfolk, Worcester, Evesham, Claines in Worcestershire, Birmingham. Dublin, Cork, Fermanagh in Ireland.  Glasgow, Stirling in Scotland

Offline HeathersLaw

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Murdoch Muir
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 17 May 05 22:22 BST (UK) »
Thanks for all the info but I stil can't find anything about his birth or parents marriage.