Author Topic: Bishops Stortford - FULLER  (Read 1289 times)

Offline joancrellen

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Bishops Stortford - FULLER
« on: Friday 16 March 12 00:50 GMT (UK) »

I am trying to establish the parents of Thomas Fuller baptised 10.09.1792 at Bishops Stortford.

The IGI has them as Thomas and Kezia.  Is there any chance that this is an error as there is a

marriage record earlier the same year for James Fuller and Kezia Christy [17.02.1792] at Saint

Michael's, Bishops Stortford?

Thomas[49] is on the 1841C with his family and a James Fuller[74] in Bishops Stortford.

Joan

Offline Redroger

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Dad and Fireman at Kings Cross 13.7.1951
    • View Profile
Re: Bishops Stortford - FULLER
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 18 March 12 14:38 GMT (UK) »
Is the record shown as submitted or extracted? If submitted, then it is the best guess of a LDS church member and might well not be accurate, if extracted it has been extracted from the local register and stand a very good chance.
Ayres Brignell Cornwell Harvey Shipp  Stimpson Stubbings (all Cambs) Baumber Baxter Burton Ethards Proctor Stanton (all Lincs) Luffman (all counties)

Offline joancrellen

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 18 March 12 20:41 GMT (UK) »
Hello Redroger,

Thanks for your message.

The record was not an IDI member submitted.  I still feel that whoever transcribed the record has written Thomas as the father, distracted by the child being Thomas.  Or, of course, it could have been an error on the original recording by the then vicar.

James Fuller married Kezia Christy in Feb. 1792 at St. Michael's, Bishops Stortford.  All the other records of Fuller children with mother Kezia have James as the father, and there are 6 of them.  My gut feeling is that James is Thomas' father. 

Joan

Offline Redroger

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Dad and Fireman at Kings Cross 13.7.1951
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Monday 19 March 12 18:22 GMT (UK) »
Joan, If at all possible see the original record or some form of photographic copy of it. It is always best to get as close to the original document as possible.If you are not within easy reach, ask someone on the local board if they can get to the record office for you.
Roger
Ayres Brignell Cornwell Harvey Shipp  Stimpson Stubbings (all Cambs) Baumber Baxter Burton Ethards Proctor Stanton (all Lincs) Luffman (all counties)

Offline petercornish

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Thursday 29 March 12 10:51 BST (UK) »
Hi Joan,

I found the baptism  for Thomas at HALS and can confirm that the entry is Thomas FULLER s/o Thomas and Kezia bn.02Sep bap.10Sep 1792.
Any blame must therefore fall on the then vicar but unfortunately he is not available for questioning.

Regards   ...   Peter
Census information is Crown Copyright http:/www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline joancrellen

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Thursday 29 March 12 23:32 BST (UK) »
Many thanks Peter.

I am sticking to my gut feeling that James was actually his father.

Joan