Author Topic: Francis BUTLER and Amy  (Read 1387 times)

Offline Aotearoa

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Francis BUTLER and Amy
« on: Monday 19 March 12 04:57 GMT (UK) »
Am looking for a marriage between Francis BUTLER and Amy (surname unmnown). According to the 1851 census Amy was born in I think Blythborough (writing difficult to decipher) about 1772/3. They had possibly 5 children baptized at Halesworth Independent Church between 1806 and 1820, so may have married around 1805. If Amy was born at Blythborough the marriage may have taken place there. I would be grateful to know if there were any possible marraiges at Blythborough at about that time. No IGI coverage after 1753. Many thanks.

Offline Keziah2

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Francis BUTLER and Amy
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 20 March 12 09:00 GMT (UK) »
Looking at the 1851C it looks, well at least to me, more like Rumburgh, next to Halesworth.

I have looked through the transcripts I have for that parish & only found one Amy around that time Amy Stern, daug of John & Ester, unfortunately she was bpt in Jun 1773 & buried in Dec 1773 so that excludes her. The next child born to that couple was a Harriet in 1774.  A Harriet Starn married in Chediston in 1801. No marriage anything like Francis Butler to an Amy between 1790-1810 in the parish of Rumburgh either.

In case you don't have the info:
Amy Butler of Chediston Street, buried 15 Jun 1859 (85) Halesworth cemetery.
Francis Butler, labourer of Chediston Street, buried 14 Mar 1859, Halesworth Cemetery.

Good luck
Keziah

Offline Aotearoa

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 20 March 12 09:33 GMT (UK) »
Thanks for the feedback. Findmypast has Amy's birthplace as Rumburgh so you were right there. And thanks for looking for a baptism of Amy. Both her and Francis's deaths were registered so I am hoping for some more details when I get copies of the Death Certificates. The two burials I also have from the National Burials Index. I wonder whether there are any relevant MIs in the Halesworth cemetery. Two of their daughters, my g-g-grandmother Rhoda's sisters, seem to have been baptised twice, which is interesting. I will see whether any of their baptismal entries contain any clue to Amy's maiden name, though it is unlikely. Anyway, many thanks for your time..

Offline annes

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Saturday 31 March 12 16:53 BST (UK) »
Just to confirm that Francis Butler and Amy were not married at Rumburgh.

Offline Aotearoa

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Saturday 31 March 12 22:46 BST (UK) »
Thanks for looking. Something may pop out of the woodwork one day.