Author Topic: 1930's marriage record search  (Read 2128 times)

Offline Katprouse

• RootsChat Extra
  • Prouse
    • View Profile
1930's marriage record search
« on: Monday 19 March 12 14:36 GMT (UK) »
I'm looking for a marriage record of my grandmother Mary Josephine Murphy to an O'Donnell any time between 1935 and 1940 in Londonderry. Am i right in assuming as I am unable to travel to Londonderry I would need to contact Groni to perform a search for me? Not sure the best way to find the information so would be grateful if someone can confirm this would be the correct way to go.

Katherine
Prouse, Jeffery, Ashton, Frain, Snow, Colwill, Jenkin- North Devon.
Whitehead, Green - Lancashire
Murphy, Dunleavy - Londonderry, Ireland

Offline joemc

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: 1930's marriage record search
« Reply #1 on: Monday 19 March 12 18:57 GMT (UK) »
Hi, you may need to be a bit more pacific as there may have been more than one Josephine Murphy marrying an O'Donnell in this time period, as your probably aware the records for Northern Ireland post 1922 are not online so your best bet is to probably go through groni as you said, here's a link to the marriage certificate application page:

https://www.niesd.co.uk/Ef3/General.jsp?form=MarriageRegistrySecure&page=MarriageRegistryPage

Regards

Joe
McCorkell, Clarke, Williams, Craig, Baird, Peoples, MacDonald, Wray and associated families, Counties Donegal and Londonderry, Ireland and America

Offline Katprouse

• RootsChat Extra
  • Prouse
    • View Profile
Re: 1930's marriage record search
« Reply #2 on: Monday 19 March 12 20:08 GMT (UK) »
Thank you for your help.

All the info I have is her name, Parents names, and surname of husband, within the time period 1935 -1940. I shall contact Groni and hope I have enough info.

Prouse, Jeffery, Ashton, Frain, Snow, Colwill, Jenkin- North Devon.
Whitehead, Green - Lancashire
Murphy, Dunleavy - Londonderry, Ireland