Author Topic: George and Emily Anderson  (Read 1014 times)

Offline Echovalley

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
George and Emily Anderson
« on: Tuesday 20 March 12 03:25 GMT (UK) »
I am looking for any family photographs of this couple and their family.  Emily, nee Tompkins m 1892, and they had a daughter called Emily Mary who m a Reg Slocombe.  We are descendants of their son, Edward George who m a Winifred Hickman in 1924.  We have been in touch with their other son Oswald who m Kathleen Lewis and who later lived in the USA.
Kind regards, Lindemann
Scotland, ex Border; Brown, Helm, Oliver. Walker (Perth) Turner (Fife)
England, Tyler, Green (Sussex), Anderson, Pinegar, Tompkins, Hacking (Lan), Malpas (Kent)
Ireland, Casey (Askeaton)

Offline Ciderbarn

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: George and Emily Anderson
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 04 January 23 02:04 GMT (UK) »
Hi Lindemann,
I was so delighted to see this post just before Christmas and couldn't believe I'd stumbled across it. I'm a direct descendent of George and Emily Anderson (nee Tompkins), they had three children, Oswald David, Edward George and Emily Mary. As you mentioned Emily Mary married Reginald Slocombe, they had three daughters and the youngest daughter is my mother.
George and Emily Anderson are therefore her grandparents.
I have photos of both George and Emily plus other information I'd be pleased to share. I have a few photos of Oswald but we know very little about him. Edward (Uncle Ted as my mother knew him) married Winnie and I have quite a few photos of them along with photos of children Jean & Tony.
I would love to make contact and share information with you....I just hope you are still out there!
Kindest regards
Paul

Offline Ciderbarn

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: George and Emily Anderson
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 03 January 24 02:25 GMT (UK) »
Hi Lindemann/echo valley,
I posted a message a year ago and wondered if you’d seen it? George & Emily Anderson are my mothers grandparents so I have a fair amount of information I’d be love to share. My mother is the daughter of Reginald Slocombe and Emily Mary Anderson. Lots of information and photos available, would love to share. I hope you see this and my previous message with more detail.
Paul