Author Topic: Mary Carroll b 1806, father, Daniel, stonemason, Tempermore  (Read 1617 times)

Offline Echovalley

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Mary Carroll b 1806, father, Daniel, stonemason, Tempermore
« on: Tuesday 20 March 12 04:00 GMT (UK) »
I am looking for any family information on the above people.  Mary m John Casey , a soldier, in  ?1832 at Templemore and they sailed to NZ in 1847 on the 'Sir Robert Sale'  from Cork.   
Kind regards, Lindemann
Scotland, ex Border; Brown, Helm, Oliver. Walker (Perth) Turner (Fife)
England, Tyler, Green (Sussex), Anderson, Pinegar, Tompkins, Hacking (Lan), Malpas (Kent)
Ireland, Casey (Askeaton)

Offline Martin514

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Mary Carroll b 1806, father, Daniel, stonemason, Tempermore
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 23 September 23 13:03 BST (UK) »
Interesting I have Casey's and Carrolls in my family tree from Templemore in Tipperary. However they don't tie out with yours

My 3GGF John Casey of Templemore  marries Bridget Quinlan of Drom and Inch on 18 Feb 1830

My 2GGF Michael Casey (1836 - 1886)  was married to Mary Carroll (1836 - 1888)

I imagine there is a relationship somewhat deeper in our family trees

Martin Nutty
New York City

Offline dublin1850

• RootsChat Veteran
  • A great lover of Dublin history
    • View Profile
Re: Mary Carroll b 1806, father, Daniel, stonemason, Tempermore
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 24 September 23 22:12 BST (UK) »
The parish register of Templemore has their marriage on 20 January 1836.
https://registers.nli.ie/registers/vtls000632698#page/152/mode/1up
Witnesses John Brien and Catherine Guilbride.

'95th' is written beside John's name, which is presumably his regiment.

Edit!**From another site https://www.curiousfox.com/uk/mbprof2.lasso?eid=152650&-nothing

John Casey b c1806 Askeaton
Hi, Our John b 1806, enlisted with the 95th Regiment of Foot, Derbyshire Regiment, m Mary Carroll whilst at Templemore. He was discharged from the army in 1841 and in 1847 during the famine accepted an offer from the NZ government to emigrate and as ex soldiers they formed a defensive settlement around Auckland during the Maori wars. Have no details of his family, would welcome any information. Kind regards Allison, NZ

edit2**There is a baptism to a John Casey 95th Regt. and Mary Carroll of a Margaret Casey, 29 September 1838 in Newry parish. Co. Down. Sponsors John Cummins and Ellen Breen.

https://registers.nli.ie/registers/vtls000633286#page/144/mode/1up
Coffey, Cummins [Rathfalla, Tipperary], Cummins [Skirke, Laois], Curran, Dillon [Clare], Fogarty [Garran, Laois/Tipp], Hughes, Keshan (Keeshan), Loughman [Harristown and Killadooley, Laois], Mallon [Armagh], Malone, Markham [Caherkine, Clare], McKeon(e) [Sligo/Kilkenny/Waterford], McNamara, Meagher, Prescott [Kilkenny/Waterford/Wexford?], Rafferty, Ryan, Sullivan, Tobin
GEDMatch: T665306 tested with Family Tree DNA and also with ancestry
GEDCOM file: 1980344