Author Topic: Doriscourt Nursing Home Whalley Range  (Read 48266 times)

Offline Shell57

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Doriscourt Nursing Home Whalley Range
« Reply #108 on: Saturday 21 January 23 01:42 GMT (UK) »
Does anyone know the name of the Doctor that helped organise the private adoptions

Offline lib58

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: Saturday 01 April 23 21:55 BST (UK) »
Does anyone know the name of the Doctor that helped organise the private adoptions
http://chaimsimons.net/B.html
This refers to an adoption that refers to a Dr F who performed a circumcision on a Baby boy at the home.
There was a Dr Samuel Fine whose surgery was on Seymour Grove Old Trafford this was not far from the home
He was from Ireland and Jewish.Another Jewish Doctor was in Hulme Chester rd who must of had a connection to this home as he was the Family Doctor of my Husband's family my husband was born at Doris Court in 1956.
He was my family doctor until he retired in the early 80's

Offline LizzieW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • I'm nearer to finding out who you are thanks DNA
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: Sunday 02 April 23 00:01 BST (UK) »
Just re-read all the posts on here.  Happy to say I'm still in touch with the daughter I had who was adopted.  We see each other occasionally, she now lives partly abroad and partly in the UK to be near her aged mother,  but we keep in touch frequently via WhatsApp etc.  Sadly her adopted father died a few years ago and when my husband and I went to his funeral, I was introduced to her brother, sister in law and loads of friends who all knew about me.  I felt as though I had a second family.

Lizzie

ps.  Ironically, as Doriscourt seemed to have links to Jewish and Catholic GPs,although I didn't know it at the time, my g.grandfather turns out to have had a Jewish mother!