Author Topic: 1841/1851 Shropshire (Whitchurch?) Look up  (Read 2265 times)

Offline sharlie

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: 1841/1851 Shropshire (Whitchurch?) Look up
« Reply #9 on: Saturday 11 June 05 07:55 BST (UK) »
Hi,
Thanks again for your help.
I was away last week but have just read over what you have found- still quite confused by most of it!

The Pool(e)/Cooper marriage seems the correct one. They had a family in Nantwich and I assumed they were both from there but have never found any births. I would have to check but I think Samuel was born c 1800.

Any info on the birth of Ann Boycott would be great- especially if it gave any address or Fathers occupation. I will carry on looking for her marriage to John Meakin as a Fathers name could prove useful for him.

Wonder where Ann Boycott is on the 1841 census? Even if she is in service somewhere that still leaves me with missing parents! Maybe I should try and get hold of the 1851 from somewhere.....

Thanks again for all your help,
Sharon

Offline Keith Bateman

• I am sorry but my emails are not working
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • .....The Cheshire Cat
    • View Profile
Re: 1841/1851 Shropshire (Whitchurch?) Look up
« Reply #10 on: Thursday 30 June 05 12:33 BST (UK) »
Hi Sharon,

Good News!!

Found Ann's baptism - Bad news - fathers occupation!

Dec 6th 1829 - Ann dau of William & Patience - Boycott - Yardington (part of Whitchurch) - LABOURER.

At least it confirms the date and means you are not looking for the father as a Brain Surgeon!!  ;D ;D

Cheers

Keith

Bateman - Ware, Herts, London.<br />Partington - Liverpool - Devon - Manchester<br />Foster - Liverpool - Manchester - Scotland<br />Gates - Cumberland - Liverpool - Manchester - Australia<br />Westwood - Ware, Herts<br /><br /><br />"Any information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk"

Has Bouncing Emails