Author Topic: 108 Downpatrick Road Crumlin Dublin  (Read 16673 times)

Offline AthenaGr

• RootsChat Member
  • We live as long as we are remembered .
    • View Profile
Re: 108 Downpatrick Road Crumlin Dublin
« Reply #27 on: Monday 29 October 12 18:34 GMT (UK) »
Thank you very much Taramcdsmall you have been so helpful and spot on !!! Well done you !!! hahaha .
 I live in Greece now and I haven't had as much time as I would have liked to concentrate on my family tree. Delighted to be a giant step closer to learning more !!!!!
Malone  -  Dublin City
Sunderland  - Co Carlow
Byrne - Donnybrook/ Ballsbridge Co Dublin/ Wicklow
Nolan  - Dublin City
Kavanagh - Dublin Wicklow
Price - Dublin City
Timmins - Dublin City

Offline Mary Lord

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Monday 29 October 12 22:30 GMT (UK) »
Just checked in Athenagr and am glad you saw my message its late now and I am very tired so will post again tomorrow. Mary xx

Offline Mary Lord

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Tuesday 30 October 12 18:44 GMT (UK) »
Hello once again AthenaGr.  Aunt Lizzie is listed on www.cencus.nationalarchives.ie. her address at the time was 36.5 St James St Ushers Quay,she was 5 at the time, which means she was born 1906.  The last name on the list is Mary Ellen, thats my mum, christened Johannah.  Thats where mistakes happen, they did'nt realise the problems it would cause us. Aunt Lizzie died of TB in her 40s.  I loved her, we all did. I think there were three sons.  My late brother Tommy knew them, I only saw they on the odd occasion.  More later.xx

Offline AthenaGr

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: Tuesday 30 October 12 19:17 GMT (UK) »
Hi Mary ,
Good to hear from you. I know very little about my father's side of the family and as I mentioned I only met his eldest brother two or 3 times , I knew of a brother Gem or James but never met him. Any information  after that I got it through researching myself and I orginally paid a researcher to start the ball rolling because I had no idea where to start ,but I didn't get a lot of information there, however it did get me the names of his brothers and sisters from my grandfather's first marriage.  There were 7 of them altogether , 5 boys and 2 girls. ( Edward ,William, Patrick , Mary , Ellen , John(my dad) and James.) Do you know if Lizzie and my grandfather went on to have children in their marriage? I believe that the girls went to live in England and that James considered entering the priesthood but didn't go because you had to pay to enter the seminary back then and he didn't have the money and then he went on to live in England too. Any infomation that you could give me on the family would be really appreciated. I wonder do you have any photos with them in them ???Because I have never seen any photos of them. Really delighted to hear from you.
Malone  -  Dublin City
Sunderland  - Co Carlow
Nolan  - Dublin City
Price - Dublin City
Timmins - Dublin City

Offline Mary Lord

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: Wednesday 31 October 12 11:25 GMT (UK) »
Well there ya go I never knew that were other children.  Uncle Bill was a lot older than my Aunt Lizzie and they had no children.  Uncle Bill lost his sight in his later years and could not work so they were very poor. They used to sell cigaretts from their home. One time Aunt Lizzie had to go into hospital and I was asked to help Uncle Bill sell his cigaretes as his sight was so bad.  I was probably about 13 at the time, I loved doing it as young boys would tap the window to buy a single fag. I have one photo of Aunt Lizzie as a young girl.  Are you on facebook Athena as the photo is on there. Please join if you are not on there already.  I am Mary Lord  (Kelly) and you will see lots of old pictures but only of Aunt Lizzies family. Mary

Offline Mary Lord

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: Wednesday 31 October 12 13:59 GMT (UK) »
Looking at the 1911 census I see a William Malone 25.11 Grenville St Mountjoy Dublin with William being the eldest son. Other names Patrick, Kathleen, Margaret and Annie.  Do any of these names seem familar, if so this would be your great grandad.

Offline AthenaGr

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: Wednesday 31 October 12 14:07 GMT (UK) »
No Mary that's not them. I actually have found more information on my grandfathers family than I have of my father's family !!!
This link is the link to William on the census in 1911. He was 17 and living with his mother . There is no sign of his father on the census though.
 http://www.census.nationalarchives.ie/pages/1911/Dublin/Wood_Quay/Ship_St__Great/63522/
Malone  -  Dublin City
Sunderland  - Co Carlow
Nolan  - Dublin City
Price - Dublin City
Timmins - Dublin City

Offline AthenaGr

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: Wednesday 21 November 12 18:42 GMT (UK) »
Hi Everyone
Just to let everyone know who were helping me find the marriage of my grandfather and step- grandmother that with all your help I have received their marriage certificate.
My grandfather William Malone married Elizabeth Hardiman on the 26th September 1933 at St James street Church Dublin. The witnesses at their marriage were John Kelly and Julianna Kelly which I think may actually be Mary Lord's parents who saw my notice here on Rootschat and was able to fill me in on a few things.
Thanks everyone for your help .  ;D
Malone  -  Dublin City
Sunderland  - Co Carlow
Nolan  - Dublin City
Price - Dublin City
Timmins - Dublin City

Offline myluck!

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: Friday 23 November 12 12:47 GMT (UK) »
Thanks for the update AthenaGr  ;D
Kearney & Bourke/ Johns & Fox/ Mannion & Finan/ Donohoe & Curley
Byrne [Carthy], Keeffe/ Germaine, Butler/ McDermott, Giblin/ Lally, Dolan
Toole, Doran; Dowling, Grogan/ Reilly, Burke; Warren, Kidd [Lawless]/ Smith, Scally; Mangan, Rodgers/ Fahy, Calday; Staunton, Miller
Further generations:
Brophy Coleman Eathorn(e) Fahy Fitzpatrick Geraghty Haverty Keane Keogh Nowlan Rowe Walder