Author Topic: Queen Katherine Parr Quincentenary Festival  (Read 2138 times)

Offline Arranroots

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Queen Katherine Parr Quincentenary Festival
« on: Saturday 31 March 12 14:47 BST (UK) »
Just to let Gloucestershire history fans know that I've posted an event at Sudeley Castle, Winchcombe, Gloucestershire - or rather a series of events during 2012 commemorating Queen Katherine Parr:

http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php/topic,589869.0.html

Hope to see some of you there!

Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
SOM: BIRD, BURT aka BROWN - HEF: BAUGH, LATHAM, CARTER, PRITCHARD - GLS: WEBB, WORKMAN, LATHAM, MALPUS - WIL: WEBB, SALTER - RAD: PRITCHARD, WILLIAMS - GLA: RYAN, KEARNEY, JONES, HARRY - MON: WEBB, MORGAN, WILLIAMS, JONES, BIRD - SCOTLAND: HASTINGS, CAMERON, KELSO, BUCHANAN, BETHUNE/ BEATON - IRELAND: RYAN (WATERFORD), KEARNEY (DUBLIN), BOYLE(DUNDALK)

Offline StintonLomas

• RootsChat Senior
  • I'm a Cousin - are you?
    • View Profile
Re: Queen Katherine Parr Quincentenary Festival
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 31 March 12 18:58 BST (UK) »
Hi
That is a beautiful location.
My parents used to live in the NW Lodge back in the 70's, my father looked after the wildfowl and ornamental pheasants etc and also helped with constructing the "Royal Sudeley" exhibition, my mother helped in the house, she was previously a seamstress and had a hand in the restoration of a 4 poster bed.
Malmesbury- Bishop.
Gloucestershire-Bishop,Hicks,Higgs,Hill,Hooper,Hopkins,Pitcher,Robertson,Stinton,Terret,Woodruff.
Worcestershire-Stinton. 
Devon- Borrough or Burrow.

Offline Arranroots

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 31 March 12 20:53 BST (UK) »
Oh that's amazing!

Was the four-poster the one that was found deteriorating in a barn on the estate? If so, she did a good job, as it is splendid now!

I was there myself yesterday for the press day and visit by Winchcombe people who were invited for a free afternoon out. It's looking great for the new season - hope you can come along?

Kind regards, Arranroots  ;)
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
SOM: BIRD, BURT aka BROWN - HEF: BAUGH, LATHAM, CARTER, PRITCHARD - GLS: WEBB, WORKMAN, LATHAM, MALPUS - WIL: WEBB, SALTER - RAD: PRITCHARD, WILLIAMS - GLA: RYAN, KEARNEY, JONES, HARRY - MON: WEBB, MORGAN, WILLIAMS, JONES, BIRD - SCOTLAND: HASTINGS, CAMERON, KELSO, BUCHANAN, BETHUNE/ BEATON - IRELAND: RYAN (WATERFORD), KEARNEY (DUBLIN), BOYLE(DUNDALK)

Offline StintonLomas

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Saturday 31 March 12 21:37 BST (UK) »
Hi
I believe it is that bed.

There was an article in Womans Weekly 1st May 1971 about the castle.
Photos of Mark Dent-Brocklehurst, Henry, Mollie and Mrs M. Dent-Brocklehurst (Lady Ashcombe.)
There are also photos of the bed and my father feeding the wildfowl, and Adam Pollock who devised the "son et lumiere" exhibition.
Malmesbury- Bishop.
Gloucestershire-Bishop,Hicks,Higgs,Hill,Hooper,Hopkins,Pitcher,Robertson,Stinton,Terret,Woodruff.
Worcestershire-Stinton. 

Offline StintonLomas

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Saturday 31 March 12 21:42 BST (UK) »
Hi
I believe it is that bed.

There was an article in Womans Weekly 1st May 1971 about the castle.
Photos of Mark Dent-Brocklehurst, Henry, Mollie and Mrs M. Dent-Brocklehurst (Lady Ashcombe.)
There are also photos of the bed and my father feeding the wildfowl, and Adam Pollock who devised the "son et lumiere" exhibition.

Unfortunately I can't be there as I am at the other end of the country.
Malmesbury- Bishop.
Worcestershire-Stinton.