Author Topic: Marriage St Helier Jersey  (Read 6629 times)

Offline Mollymoofer

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Marriage St Helier Jersey
« on: Saturday 31 March 12 22:37 BST (UK) »
Hi

I was wondering if someone could look for a marriage for me
Charlotte Louisa Cummings married someone with the surname Carr between 1902 and 1904 in Jersey.

Any info would be appreciated - Marriage,Children,Residence.

Many Thanks  :)

Offline hoobaloo

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Marriage St Helier Jersey
« Reply #1 on: Monday 09 July 12 20:23 BST (UK) »
Hi just spotted your enquiry on the surnames board and I can tell you Charlotte Louisa Cummings married John C Carr and I have his birth as 1878 but don't have the marriage details, I do however have quite a bit of Cummings info if that is your interest, regards, John.

Offline Ringrose

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Monday 09 July 12 20:50 BST (UK) »
You might find the answer on Jerripedia.....a website full of Jersey BMDs
Ringrose
Mann Ringrose Prior( West London)Prior (Halstead Colchester and Sudbury)Ringrose (Northants) Clark(sussex  Bath)Light(Shropshire West London)Barber(Northants)Gaudern (Northants)Piper(Suffolk)Carter (Essex)Nightingale,Stiles,Dunk,Hedgecock(Kent)Mann(south Devon )Le Cronier,Le Quesne,Poingdestre,Esnouf,Le Guyt,Anley.Le Carteret(Jersey)Clark(Bath,Batcombe,and Nyland )
er(essex)Nightingale(kent Sussex)Sutton (sussex)

Offline Mollymoofer

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Sunday 15 July 12 21:47 BST (UK) »
Hi Ringrose
Many thanks for the suggestion.I  have already visited that site and yes there is some useful information but unfortunately not the information i was looking for ho hum!

Offline Mollymoofer

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Sunday 15 July 12 21:51 BST (UK) »
Hello John

Thanks for your reply.I have Charlotte married to John but like you not the date.I would very much like to have any information re the Cummings.They are proving to be very elusive so anything new would be fantastic.

:)

Offline la grande-méthe

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Tuesday 17 July 12 17:49 BST (UK) »
I've just been having a play around with the census returns and the Jersey Archive site and have put together the following information.

Charlotte Louisa Cummings was born in St Helier, 4/2/1871. Her parents were Thomas Bolton Cummings (1841) and Mary Ann Osborne (1845)

The Cummings family seem to have arrived in Jersey some time prior to 1861 when the family appears with father Thomas, mother Margaretta  and Thomas Jnr's brothers, Joseph, John and Alfred.

The most useful census is the 1911 which at last gives a place of birth other than England for Thomas and Mary Ann, Portsmouth for Thomas and Hayle, Cornwall for Mary Ann. They had been married 44 years and had produced 9 children, 7 of whom were still living. As Thomas was single in 1861 the chances are that he married Mary Ann over here.

I will be working at the Archive tomorrow morning so will have a look for both marriages.

Offline la grande-méthe

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Wednesday 18 July 12 16:41 BST (UK) »
Here is the marriage of Charlotte and John

28/5/1899 at St Helier Town Church

John Clement Carr, aged 21, bachelor, occupation Advertising Agent, living in St Helier, born in Ipswich. Father John Carr - Book (or possibly Boot) Maker
Charlotte Louisa Cummings (widow Peticain), aged 28, Widow, living and born in St Helier. Father Thomas Bolton Cummings - Sail Maker

Witnesses Thomas Bolton Cummings and Louisa Emma Peat.

Offline Mollymoofer

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Saturday 21 July 12 15:59 BST (UK) »
Hello Jerseylily

Many thanks for the information you have found for me.
Do i take it from the info in the brackets after Charlottes name that she was married before to someone by the name of Peticain??
I do have a lot of info on Thomas Bolton and Mary Ann but am trying to trace all the children now and their various marriages and children.
By the way Mary Ann was actually born in Merriott,Somerset.Not sure way she put cornwall on the 1911 census.May be due to the fact that her great uncle on her mother side was tried for murder.She may well of wanted to distance herself from that.

Thanks again

Offline Blue toes

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Wednesday 18 December 13 09:28 GMT (UK) »
Hi I see you are seeking information on the cummings family. I am directly related to thomas bolton cummings married to mary Ann Osborne,I also have their mairrages certificate to which is connected to some interesting history.   Regards mick