Author Topic: Help Mary Jane Pierce  (Read 1870 times)

Offline The Jones

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Help Mary Jane Pierce
« on: Sunday 01 April 12 14:02 BST (UK) »
Hi

I am looking to find out any information on what may have happened to Mary Jane Pierce.

She was born on 4th May 1870 in Halghton, Hanmer, Flintshire, her parents were Charles and Jane Pierce.

She Married Daniel Wilson on June 4th 1891 @ Holy Trinity church In Rusholme, Chorlton, Lancashire

They has 4 children; William C, Maggie, Edgar and Arthur.

On the 1901 census they are shown living in Stretford, Lancashire, and Mary Jane is shown as the head as Daniel is away at War.

I cannot find mary Jane on the 1911 census; her husband Daniel and the children (apart from the eldest who had left home) are  now living at Isycoed, Wrexham and his marital status is shown still as 'married'

After the 1901 census there appears to be no further records for Mary Jane Wilson (Pierce); did she re-marry, or did she die? Her 'disappearance' according to family sources appears to be the reason why Daniel returned to Wales so that family could help to bring up the children .

Daniel did re-marry at some point as the informant on his death certificate was his widow.

Any help to shed some light on what happened to Mary Jane would be greatly appreciated.

Offline wrjones

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Help Mary Jane Pierce
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 01 April 12 15:26 BST (UK) »
There is a death of a Mary Jane Wilson in the Chorlton District of Lancashire,given as born in c 1870 in the Jul/Aug/Sep quarter of 1904.Volume 8c,Page 601.

I'd be a little wary of the statement that Daniel was married in 1911.There isn't too much given details with the entry!

Regards
William Russell Jones.
Jones, Griffiths. Stephens, Parry, Gabriel, Conway, Hughes, Evans, Roberts, Lea, Hanmer. Peake, Edwards. Newnes, Davies. Thomas. "Blythin".
All North Wales.
Conway, Durber, Cartlidge, Lovatt, Bebington. Brindley, Sankey, Brunt. Dean. Clewes. Rhodes. Mountford,Walker,Bache, "Gibbons"Hood. Taylor
All Stoke-on-Trent.
Francis - Nantwich Cheshire.
Dennell - Cheshire/Staffordshire.
Talbot-Shropshire
Census Information Is Crown Copyright,from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline The Jones

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Help Mary Jane Pierce
« Reply #2 on: Monday 02 April 12 15:42 BST (UK) »
Thank you I will follow that up.